close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Picked up this old thing this morning.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by CajunBass, Aug 25, 2012.

1. I had a fellow I'd bought from and sold to before contact me earlier in the week to see if I would be interested in this. I was, but needed some time to sell a couple of others to (1) make room, (2) make cash. He said "No problem." I picked it up this morning.

Smith & Wesson 29-2, 44 Magnun from 1977, with a 6 1/2" barrel, in nickel, with target hammer, trigger, and grips, as well as presentation case, cleaning tools, and sight adjustment tool. Alas, the inner liner on the case is in pretty poor shape, and there are no papers, but I doubt I'll lose much sleep over that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Man, it's hard to get even a decent picture of a nickel gun.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Twin to mine. and yup, the liner in those cases went bad pretty fast, and yes getting a good pic of a nickled gun, especially that big, is tough.

Good job.

3. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    If it was me, I'd have some seamstress replace the liner in the display case with crushed velvet from Elvis' bedroom. Add your initial embroidered in for that "Pimp of the Year" touch.

Beautiful revolver.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Very nice!!!

There's a local dude that has a nickel plated one which had been sitting in the gun case on consignment for years now. The price was ridiculous so I guess he doesn't want to sell it that much.

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    A wonderful addition and if the next few years are similar to the past, as I presume you know the N frames will continue to increase in value.

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Awesome! :thumbsup:

Congrats on yet another very fine classic revolver. :cool:

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Now THAT's a .44 - the perfect 6" 29. Love to have one. I'd prefer it to my 8 3/8".

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  8. pennlineman

pennlineman

Feb 16, 2009
    PA
    Very nice Model 29! Nice nickel plated examples are a hard find around here.

Congrats!