close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Picked Up My New Ride Saturday

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Rinspeed, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    I'm pretty excited to say the least. It's an 06 Yamaha WR450. I considered the Honda but it was $400 more and the KTMs are super nice but probably $800 to 1000 more. I'm sure I will be happy. This is the third Yamaha in the garage to go along with the Honda 400EX and Kawasaki Ninja.

I guess you could say I like Yamaha bikes. They put a ton of money into R&D all their products show it when compared to the competition. I would have to say the KTMs are most likely a slightly better bike but I don't think they are quite $800 nicer.

[​IMG]

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Ahhhhhh, so that's what the knobbies are for. Riding in the snow.;f

3. gixxer11

gixxer11 bbrrraaapppppp!

Jan 11, 2005
    in the garage
    SAAWEEET!!!! Are you going to open it up (YZ spec)?

4. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

Yes for next to nothing I can get it close as there are a bunch of free mods that can really turn it into a monster. Yamahas suffers more than any bike I know of from being stuffed up. I gained nearly 14 horse on my Raptor from the new intake, jetting and a pipe. I am not going to put a pipe on the WR but I will rejet and get a different baffle insert.

Believe it or not in stock form the WR does not go past 1/2 throttle so that is one of the first things I need to take care of. From what I understand the WR will meet California emissions and all I will need to put it on the road here in NY is a turn signal kit and horn.

5. gixxer11

gixxer11 bbrrraaapppppp!

Jan 11, 2005
    in the garage
    I wasn't sure if they still did the throttle stop, but yeah ditch that horsepoo! Also, I think (I know on the 02-04s) the intake cam is retarded one tooth. Same cams, different timing. Guess I'll know soon, as I just picked up a part-time job at a Yamaha, Suzuki, Victory, and Polaris dealer. I'm glad to be back in the "biz"!