close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Picked up my Gen4 G27 today

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rolltide_pisco, Feb 2, 2013.

1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

[​IMG]

Date on it is 9/4/12. I've ordered a FOBUS ankle holster as well. I do have some questions for G27 Gen4 owners.

The RSA # is 0-8-1. Is that the up-to-date number for them?

I changed the mag release to lefty for myself. When sliding the magazine in I have to really put some force into it to lock. Is it just that it's tight or did I not hold the mag release completely flush in its correct spot and the release is loose?

I was told that 165gr bullets are not good to shoot and I should stick to 180gr. Any truth to this?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. packinaglock

packinaglock
    Expand Collapse
    John 3:16
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Congrats on the new pistol, I'm pretty sure 0-8-1 is the new one. Safe is in the bedroom and the wife is sleeping and I don't feel like getting my ass kicked this morning so I'll have to check mine later. My gen 4 G27 runs fine on 165g, 155g, and 180g. I like the 165g the best in .40 though. Right now though I have 125g Gold dots in it. Although I have a 357sig barrel in it. :supergrin:

3. DrMaxit

DrMaxit
    Expand Collapse
    Dirtbag Airman

No truth to that bullet weight. Shoot a bunch of different weights to make sure they work in your particular pistol, but I will bet you have no problems at all. Such a small and insignificant difference between those.

I had a Gen 4 G27 for a short time before it was stolen. Still to this date my favorite pistol of all time. Followed closely behind my first Glock, a Gen 3 G22.

Enjoy!!

4. Slackinoff

Slackinoff
    Expand Collapse

Is the magazine topped off to full capacity? If yes, then that is normal. All my glocks take a little extra heave to lock them in when they are full to the brim.

5. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on the G27.

6. Legacy Shooters

Legacy Shooters
    Expand Collapse

I just bought a G27 Gen 3 but wish I woulda got a Gen 4

Sent from my fingers on a smartphone

7. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on the new G27!

The magazine springs will loosen up over time. Do you run 9 rounds? Or 9+1? If you lock the slide back first before inserting the magazine, you won't have to fight that spring tension. Some of my Glocks couldn't be run in the +1 configuration until the spring loosened up a bit. I personally don't carry in that (+1) configuration, but did want to let you know that it is easier to do so after the magazine has been cycled through a few times.

8. ca survivor

ca survivor
    Expand Collapse

Congrats.

9. gusbuster

gusbuster
    Expand Collapse

I'm also carrying my Gen4 G27 with a G33 barrel & mag, and a G31 15 rd mag for back up stoked with Gold Dot 125 gr JHP 357 Sig:supergrin:

10. vmann

vmann
    Expand Collapse
    Controller

i run 9+1 myself in my gen 3 27....the mag will loosen up over time...i like the gen 4 in my hand, but i think the texture is too rough to carry inside the waist