close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

picked up my DD TODAY .

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by *ASH*, Nov 28, 2012.

1. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    met and bought from fellow GTER - BOOMHOWER . rifle as stated , great transaction , sucky weather and raining but im satisfied , now i gotta buy some stuff lol .

thanks BOOMHOWER , and stay safe down there . scary town

pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    Enjoy it!!! Some folks online think it's funny I use a mag coupler on my AR, I think you understand why after a drive through.

3. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    You two poor buggers wouldn't happen to be near Greensboro, Charlotte or Fayetteville, would you?

4. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC

Ha those are the only three places in NC that actually have a hint of ghetto/scary. But i'm putting my money on Fayettenam

5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    They're not the ONLY places, but they are definitely on the top of the list.

You definitely don't wanna see somewhere like East Laurinburg, though... :wow:

6. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    Congrats on the great rifle. :cool:

I'd suggest a better optic, though. Sort of comical to have a TruGlo on a DD!

7. LawScholar

LawScholar

Aug 23, 2011
    Wyoming
    Welcome to the club, enjoy what is, in my opinion, equal to any AR-platform rifle on the market and superior to most.

My M4V1 Serial number 642 says hi! :D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  8. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    agreed , im looking for one lol .

9. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    agreed , im looking for one lol .im searching for one , any suggestions ??

10. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Feb 15, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Nice rifle what V is it? If you don't mind spending some money go with the trijicon srs or you can't go wrong aimpoint.

11. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    agreed :whistling::supergrin::supergrin:

12. LL6

LL6

Feb 22, 2010
    Off I-40, NC
    In the late 90s I had the misfortune of working a gig while living in Charlotte. It had me staying in the Holiday Inn Express for 9 mo in R'ham. That whole area including Laurinburg was like entering the Twilight Zone.:wow:

In so far as the three you mentioned G'boro is 'almost' not bad enough to be listed. Charlotte on the other hand...ouch. We had a corporate hottie up from our ATL headquarters who got lost in downtown Charlotte so she stopped and asked a group of homeboys where Tyrone street went. Had to be Freudian. :rofl: She was lucky she made it to the office unscathed.

13. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    Very nice rifle. You just missed some good deals on Aimpoint PRO's. Maybe someone can comment if they are still out there.

EDIT----Yep I just tried MidwayUSA and they are in stock. Promo code for the Aimpoint is AR151135, that gets you one for 365 shipped. Pretty hard to beat.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  14. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
  15. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Nah, Greensboro sucks hard. I never went within a block of the mall there without being HEAVILY armed. I had an ex girlfriend that worked there, and there was a string of robberies at night after closing. Someone was working the parking lot and robbing women as they came out with the night deposit for whatever store they worked in. There was also a shooting in the middle of Baby Gap while she was working, all over an argument of some kind.

Also, check your PMs.

16. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    Greensboro is pretty rough, but I think fayetteville takes the cake because of how much area the scum has concurred there. Basically the whole city is ghetto, but the outlying raeford and linden aren't too bad.

Also, OP, if you are anywhere within a reasonable drive from Lillington, and find a nice range, please let me know. The ranges in the fort bragg/lillington area are either overcrowded or outrageously priced.

17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Raeford is just as bad. There are definitely nicer parts to Fayetteville, you just have to look a little more. Down side is they are all a block or two from places you don't wanna go.

18. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    Tyrone... Tryon... Honest mistake :faint:

19. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    That's why I HATE Fayetteville and Spring Lake.