Glock Talk banner

Picked up a P30

6K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Libertarian71 
#1 ·
I've been wanting a P30 for a while. I stopped by a shop on the way home from work and there it was in the display case. A V2 (LEM) in 9 mm with night sights. I got them to throw in another set of tritium night sites for my .45 USP to boot.

It is slightly small for my hand with the "standard" grip pieces, but I think once I put the large ones in it will be perfect. I plan to use it as a winter carry gun and see how my wife likes it.

If I can bring myself to part with some of my meager supply of (precious) 9 mm I will hit up the range this weekend. No one seems to have it in stock around here.

CranialCrusader

#3 · (Edited)
You lucky bastich!! Nice pick up. Do you know what those damn things go for on gunbroker?? stupid money
I have been watching the prices of the H&K P30 on Gunbroker and they are around $900-$1050. The last time I checked the MSRP was $1050.

The way that the FED has been printing money and making our dollars worth less, I am surprised that they do not cost more.

That $30 - $40 billion dollars per month “quantitative easing”is not helping and it is making goods cost more.

RJ

#4 ·
That $30 - $40 billion dollars per month “quantitative easing”is not helping and it is making goods cost more.

RJ

It's $85 billion per month split between t-bills and MBS, but who is counting?

Yeah, the P30 wasn't cheap, but fair considering the times. I'm thankful I don't have to brave a gun show this weekend, so that is worth something too.

CranialCrusader

#5 ·
It's $85 billion per month split between t-bills and MBS, but who is counting?

Yeah, the P30 wasn't cheap, but fair considering the times. I'm thankful I don't have to brave a gun show this weekend, so that is worth something too.

CranialCrusader

$85 billion, pretty soon we will need a 10 yard dump truck to carry enough money to purchase an H&K firearm.

I do not go to gun shows in Washington any more. 95% of what is for sale is cheap crap, that I would not buy and if it were given to me, I would be hard pressed to think that it is worth taking up space in a vault. The remaining 5% of the firearms, ones that I do like, are so over-priced that if I were a seller, I would be embarrassed to ask that much money. It takes a hell of a lot of chutzpah to demand those prices with a straight face.

I just looked it up, I paid $820 for my P30 in Jan 2011, and what are they going for now in Texas?

RJ

#7 · (Edited)
It is slightly small for my hand with the "standard" grip pieces, but I think once I put the large ones in it will be perfect. I plan to use it as a winter carry gun and see how my wife likes it.
I have a P30 40 V2 and small hands as well.
Added a Hogue rubber finger groove grip sleeve and that did the trick for me.

The grip felt narrow and the skateboard tape feel of the
batman grips didn't agree with me while shooting.
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Hogue-HandAll-Universal-Grip-For-HK-213p2519.htm

#8 ·
Congrats on the new P30, CC! I'd been eyeballing some here in the Austin area, and they're all about $100 more than what I was able to find online, so I ordered one new from Top Gun Supply and did the FFL transfer at one of my favorite LE shops here. Get some magazines while you can--everyone has been raising the prices on theirs. I'm currently on a waiting list with Cross Creek Guns for more when he gets some back in stock.

Oh yeah, mine is a V1 Lite LEM, and is a lot of fun at the range. I've only run 124 and 147 gr. ammo through mine so far, after reading that some folks were having trouble running 115 gr. through theirs.

#11 ·
I've had my 9mm P30S for about a year now and love it, glad you got one! It has become my favorite pistol and dare I say now, has replaced my G19 about 95% of the time. I was able to pick mine up used for $775 at the time with stock sights(have trijicons on it now).

#19 ·
Put a P30 on layaway today! looked at one a few weeks ago when I went looking for a Beretta 92 compact which had been sold
I handled the P30 and was WOW talk about sweet so the P30 I have on layaway has the LEM trigger and 4 mags!
I have fourteen handguns with various triggers.
Mostly professionally tuned.
DA/SA, DOA, Striker...

For a carry trigger, the HK LEM is my favorite.
You're going to love that gun.

#21 ·
Just picked up my v3 p30 in 9mm. Kinda wishing I would have checked out the LEM trigger after hearing people saying good stuff about it. Oh well, it will probably just be a range gun anyway.
Learn to shoot that V3 and it will treat you well. I have no use for LEM as I am a long time DA/SA shooter. If I want a pre-cocked pistol I just go striker fired. Bill

#22 ·
Learn to shoot that V3 and it will treat you well. I have no use for LEM as I am a long time DA/SA shooter. If I want a pre-cocked pistol I just go striker fired. Bill

YUP!

I went from my G19 to my V3 P30s and at first I wasn't sure I shouldn't have gotten the LEM just to keep the platforms as familiar as possible but after a few sessions of dry fire and learning "the pressout" technique as well as relearning to roll through the trigger instead of stage it, I like it(dare I say), better than my glock trigger. The only thing I don't like about it is the trigger reset.

#25 ·
They are pretty tough to find like other mags. both of those places are sold out. There's a guy selling them for $70 apiece on another site(he has like 15 brand new ones).

I was at gun store in OKC last week(a week ago Friday), and bought 2 when they had 4. Went back to get the other two just this past Thursday and they were gone.

I would get on the notice list from some of the distributors and when the email comes in, don't hesitate to order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.