picked up a hard chrome AK47 from Classic Arms!

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Fangs404, Feb 8, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    AK with accessories by gcfairch, on Flickr

GP WASR-10/63 by gcfairch, on Flickr

ROMARM by gcfairch, on Flickr

slant break by gcfairch, on Flickr

wood stock by gcfairch, on Flickr

The whole family!
    AK and little brother by gcfairch, on Flickr

I ordered this guy from Classic Arms, and it arrived today. I've wanted an AK-47 ever since I got into guns. This last year, I zeroed my credit cards, and due to a tax refund I totally forgot about, I could finally afford one! Classic occasionally sells hard chrome guns, and I fell in love with the hard chrome AK. (Note that hard chrome is different from standard chrome plating. In fact, the chrome lining the barrels of most AKs is hard chrome.) Anyway, Classic had a couple available this last week, so I finally did it.

Due to impossibly cold weather here in Iowa and the fact that I'm still recovering from the flu, I won't be able to take it out to the range until this weekend, but I can't wait. I have 1000 rounds of some non-corrosive Brown Bear just sitting on my floor taunting me.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Fangs404, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Picked up a nice Harrington & Richardson 925 :) General Firearms Forum May 18, 2014
    Picked up Talo GP100 from FFL's today General Firearms Forum Yesterday at 8:16 PM
    Picked it up, my Zev Tech Gen 3 G19 Defender... General Glocking Tuesday at 8:12 PM
    Picked up a Beretta Billennium :):) General Firearms Forum Monday at 11:38 PM
    SOLD****Uly 7.62x39 Steel Case 340rnds $60 picked up central NC Gun Parts & Accessories Saturday at 10:07 PM

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

That's kinda cool, in a weird way. I dig it!

4. I don't know what to say...Congrats!
  5. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

i think it's one of the prettiest AKs i've ever seen. congrats.
  6. sk65

Very cool!
  7. Congratulations. I like it.
  8. Thanks guys! When I was doing research before buying, a lot of people seemed to ask questions about Classic Arms' hard chrome AK, but most of the answers were just conjecture because not many people owned one. Figured I'd actually post some worthwhile pictures. :)
  9. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache
    Millennium Member

10. Man, that looks great especially with bayo attached. I saw them on Classic Arms' site and wanted one bad. Still do.
  11. Different. but I like it!!!
  12. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Met a guy in iraq that had one of those, with an airgun scope zip tied to it. We told him he was the coolest guy ever.
  13. different strokes.
  14. stopatrain

Lifetime Member

15. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member

I like it......

16. Man that thing is ugly :freak:
  17. I like it, it really cuts down on the maintenance when the barrel and the exterier are hard chromed. It looks good with the wood.
  18. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net

What? You didn't take any pictures??
  19. Nice my man - i'm not used to seeing AKs in chrome but it looks pretty cool. Enjoy your new rifle!!