close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

picked up a 20sf yesterday

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by aptrpl6, Jun 17, 2010.

1. aptrpl6

aptrpl6 Detached Member

Aug 12, 2009
    SC Lowcountry
    I recently sold my G22 to fund a G20sf, which I picked up yesterday. This thing is great! I took it out to hunting club after work and burned through 100 rounds of Blazer without any malfunctions. I really don't notice much more recoil than the 40 S&W. As some have said, it's more like a "push". Anyway, if you've been thinking about trying 10mm, do it! Just be prepared to go broke if you're like me and don't reload. I think an aftermarket 40 S&W conversion barrel would be helpful.

2. aptrpl6

aptrpl6 Detached Member

Aug 12, 2009
    SC Lowcountry
    I'll post some pics as soon as I find where my wife hid the camera! I'm thinking about going ahead and getting a 22lb recoil spring and steel guide rod since this will primarily be a hunting pistol. Thoughts?

3. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    aptrpl6, :wavey: Congrats with that G-20SF, but those Blazer's aren't much more powerful than the 40S&W. Enjoy your new pistol it should serve you proud.

Seriously you should consider the hobby of handloading to support your habit, otherwise just ship me your reloadable brass...He he he!:wow:

4. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Keep in mind that the Blazer stuff is basically .40 cal level, so if that's the only 10mm loads you've shot, then you haven't really shot the 10mm. :) Try some full house stuff... Doubletap Ammo or Buffalo Bore... or some warm to hot stuff like Winchester Silvertips or CorBon. You will notice quite a bit of difference over .40 cal. Just saying. :wow::cool:

5. aptrpl6

aptrpl6 Detached Member

Aug 12, 2009
    SC Lowcountry
    Yeah, I'm gonna order some doubletap 180gr controlled expansion rounds for deer season. I hear that most company's target loads are pretty weak compared to what they could be.

6. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Right you are, my friend.

7. aptrpl6

aptrpl6 Detached Member

Aug 12, 2009
    SC Lowcountry
    View attachment 199341
    Here's an attempt!

8. aptrpl6