close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Picked this up a few days ago. (Springfield GI) Pics.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Domestic615, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Domestic615

Domestic615 OD G19

May 10, 2009
    Ashland City
    I picked this up a few days ago , I've been wanting a decent 1911 for a while now an i got this for a pretty good deal it was new in the box which was exactly what i wanted , This caught my attention being that it was "OD Green" just like my primary carry (OD Glock 33) , I was told this color scheme is not easy to come by atleast thats what i was told im not sure how many of these are floating around im sure its more then im thinking though , I only had it for a day an had the urge to go get some Hogue rubber wrap around grips for it so i did and they feel an look great IMO , I want to upgrade a few things even though i know it really doesnt need anything its just a personal thing , I'm wanting to install a Kart drop in barrel kit but im not sure which one i need or what i need to get to go along with the barrel kit hopefully someone here can help me out i'd really appreciate it , I'm also wondering what else i can do to improve the function of the gun (Again i know nothing "NEEDS" to be changed its just a personal thing.) I'm hoping some of you 1911 guys can give me a little insight on that i would really appreciate it. Well hope you guys enjoy the
    pics im no photographer by any means.

PICS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Domestic615

Domestic615 OD G19

May 10, 2009
    Ashland City

3. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    There ain't a thing wrong with a "plain jane" 1911a1.I have the same grips on all my carry .45s.I just like the feel of them.'08. Enjoy.

ETA,I went with allen screws on the grips,I messed up a set of grips in a random screwdriver incident. :whistling:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats!

It looks much better with the original grips though.

5. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    Congrats. You have a fine looking 1911 there.......except for the rubber,finger groove,wrap around grips.No offense,but there should be some kind of law against putting grips like that on a 1911.Again, no offense...just my own personal opinion.