Glock Talk banner

Pick your Glock....33 vs. 27.

12K views 64 replies 56 participants last post by  G33IWB 
#1 ·
Okay, so you have to pick the 33 or the 27. Price of ammo is not a concern. Availability of ammo is not a concern. Which do you pick as your main concealed carry weapon?

#7 · (Edited)
I have a 27 and I have a 33 barrel for it. I shoot the 40 better the the 357. Like stated above you can have both for about another $120 by just getting another barrel. You can use either mag with both calibers.

G27 with spare G33 factory barrel...

SC

I would do it this way too. If you ever decide to sell a 27 would be easier to sell then a 33.

#15 ·
G27!!! Bigger Bore... Bigger Holes!!
Not 100% true:tongueout:
Both are awesome & will get the job done but!!!! The .357sig will always feed better than any straight wall case. I feel 100% safe with both but I'm a fan of the .357sig & it is gaining ground fast.

#21 · (Edited)
I have both, and am carrying the G33 this week. I like both of them, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with the .357SIG. I load ammo for both calibers, and I really like that caliber better. That's just my preference, however.

You're the first person I have yet to see on the net post a picture that uses the Redding Pro Series dies.

A fellow member here (Freakshow10MM) put me on to those a couple of years back and they're the only dies I use now.

Ammo looks good, the 357 SIG is a caliber I would like to venture off into reloading once I get the hang of the 10MM.

:wavey:

Back on topic, between the two I shoot the 357 SIG better, so that would probably be my choice, but I think it's a silly decision because you could just buy whichever you want a get a barrel for the other caliber. Same mags, ejector, extractor, etc. Hell you can even get a factory Glock barrel in the other caliber and just drop it in, doesn't require a "conversion" barrel.

#24 ·
You're the first person I have yet to see on the net post a picture that uses the Redding Pro Series dies.

A fellow member here (Freakshow10MM) put me on to those a couple of years back and they're the only dies I use now.

Ammo looks good, the 357 SIG is a caliber I would like to venture off into reloading once I get the hang of the 10MM.

:wavey:
Fire Medic,

I use the Dillon .357SIG dies. The Redding box is for the G-Rx full-length sizing die. It really comes in handy for .40S&W, 10mm, and .357SIG brass. I use it on a Hornady single-stage press before I load out on the Dillon 550. All of the brass spins freely in their respective case gauges and barrels afer they are sized with the Redding.

I would love to use the Redding Pro Competition die sets, but they are expensive. It took forever for me to finally shell out for the Dillon SIG dies--they are twice as much as any of the other dies I have from them, and they are one of the few who have a carbide sizing die. Most of the others were steel dies, and you have to lube the cases on those. I don't do that with the carbide dies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.