close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Philly PD assault OCer at gunpoint-Chapter IV- Arrest Warrant out for Viper

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by chivvalry, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Since he knows that he has a warrant, it would be a really, really good idea to turn himself in. His lawyer can arrange it. It would be a really, really bad idea to engage in another attempt to lecture the officers grabbing him up.

2. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    According to posts on another forum, an arrest warrant has been issued for ViperGTS19801. The nature of the charges are not known.

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-1...ia-police-open-carry-page-26.html#post1570257
    http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-1...ia-police-open-carry-page-27.html#post1570558
    http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-1...ia-police-open-carry-page-27.html#post1570644

3. To the best of my knowledge I believe this is underway... establishing contact with his defense attorney, confirming there actually is a warrant, contacting the detective to understand where to surrender, ensuring someone is available to secure his weapon prior to going there, etc.

A couple people have been searching to try and find out if the warrant is real or not and what it might be for. So far they have not had any success. I thought it would have been fairly easy to call any PD station and query for a warrant? Is that not how it works?

4. Sam Spade

May 4, 2003
    There's always a lag between the issuing of a warrant and the warrant's entry into the computer system. The warrant squad could quite possibly have a paper copy of the warrant before Joe the Desk Sergeant could find it in the data base. I wouldn't presume to guess what the delay is in Philly, but it's there.

5. Sam Spade

May 4, 2003
    In case you want things moved from the other thread.

6. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    Good! Other OC Zealots take note, when you encounter LE, do as you are told and stop trying to be a curbside lawyer.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  7. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Apparently Philly PD has entered their own solution on how to solve the problem.

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Well, if he wanted to be a test case, he is now.

Hope he knows the laws as well as he thinks he does... and I mean that. I hate the idea of someone being harassed over a legal activity, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

IGF

9. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    if in fact this warrant is for something in the incident he had then he will now have standing to challenge Philly's laws\standing orders.

10. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Indeed. 100% agree with Indy's post.

<-----Strongly supports open carry and understands that open carry and discretion aren't mutally exclusive and in fact should go hand in hand. Its a shame that so many can't seem to grasp the idea that there is a time and place for both open and concealed carry, and a persons discretion will dictate that.

11. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Keep in mind, by his own words he has a criminal record (has been arrested in the past), so there is the possibility it's unrelated to the Open Carry incident that has been the subject of the threads in this forum.

12. BritStudent

BritStudent

Jan 1, 2010
    England/USA
    Only arrested? That wouldn't be a criminal record if he's never been convicted. People get arrested all the time.

Perhaps you meant arrested and convicted, I don't know.

13. He has a valid LTCF and so is not a prohibited person. Still no word on what the charges may be. Could be totally unrelated to the incident discussed so extensively... or it could be the Philly PD retaliating against him. Just don't know at this point.

14. That makes sense. Thanks.

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

IIRC he admits on another board to having several convictions on his record.

16. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
  17. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    Yeah, that must be it :rollingeyes:

18. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001