close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Philly mayor Michael Nutter

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Hollywood D, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Hollywood D

Hollywood D

Jun 10, 2006

2. Denied

Denied NRA Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Ohio
    Mayor, my hat is off to you, well said.

3. Good for him.....Too bad not enough of the good citizens of Philly are allowed to carry handguns for protection when encountering a Flash Mob. This way, the only "flash" the "mob" would see is from the muzzle of a handgun......:whistling:

4. MooseJaw

MooseJaw NRA Lifer Silver Member CLM

Feb 12, 2002
    AridZona
    Bill Cosby has been saying this for Years..

5. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

Makes me damn proud to be a PA native!
    And to the poster above, a License to Carry a Firearm is very easy to get in PA. Any permit from any county will allow any resident to carry in Philly. You can bet your butt that I have every time I have been there, and will continue to do so.

6. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Nice to hear from a leader once in a while. Kudos.

7. A Daily News reporter, Monica Yant Kinney, was interviewed on a local AM station about the flash mobs (because they are, of course, experts on everything:upeyes:), and she was all a-flutter over the possibility of a CCW shooting one of these thugs. She is typical of the liberal media in Philadelphia. She would rather that 10 innocent victims be used as soccer balls by these thugs than have one citizen fight back.

8. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

It would warm my heart to read of a CCW holder ventilating one of these POS in the daily news. :cool:

9. I thought PA State CHL laws trumped any local ordinance Philly might use to try to restrict a person from legally carrying under a PA CHL.

Which means any visiting - or heck - RESIDENT CHL holder is likely packing under the current environment? I'm surprised a CHL holder HASN'T clipped one of these guys already.

Unless : 1) The actual percentage of the PA population is actually pretty low.

2) The number of flash mob attacks - while making lively press - are
    also pretty low.

10. RetailNinja

RetailNinja

Jan 31, 2007
    Tuktoyaktuk
    Or one of those off duty cops that carries a Glock and three spare mags.

11. She can be the first of those innocent victims. Then we'll see if she changes her mind.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  12. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

“If you want…anybody else to respect you and not be afraid when they see you walking down the street,” he said from the pulpit...

But that's exactly what gang members and flash mobbers (pretty much the same thing) want. It boosts their fragile egos to have people cower in their presence. If someone isn't in total deference to them and showing fear, they consider it disrespect.

13. This.....I tend to think (hope) that it'll be more than likely an LE type (active / retired) that a "flash mob" might stumble upon....I think it's just a matter of time, if things continue the way they are.....:dunno:

14. The only person in whose presence I cower is Miss Kitty. But it's probably my fault. Sometimes I can be rude and disrespectful. :rofl:

15. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Flash mobs there are definitely in need of some applied wood shampoo, liberally applied at that. Good speech by the mayor. I wonder if the people will listen.

16. wheelman707

wheelman707

Nov 6, 2010
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:At least someone isn't affraid to speak the truth.:thumbsup::thumbsup: