close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Philadelphia police assault open carrier at gunpoint - Chapter I

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by chivvalry, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vUYeJXSrA

Scary stuff.

Moderator Warning: If you choose to post in this thread, please remember and follow ALL GT Rules and posting guidelines.

RussP

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
  2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Guy is an idiot for standing there arguing w/ a cop that has a gun pointed at him.

IGF

3. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Typical youtube idiocy. Even less intelligent than the attention seeker are the comments on the youtube page.

4. WCrawford

WCrawford OC Zealot

Oct 25, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I have to ask did you listen to all four parts before your standard "anti-OC pro-criminal cop actions" comment?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  5. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is a "Battery" when a physical touch occurs.

He said "I'll effing shoot you, if you make a move"and had a gun out. Can be seen as an assault. Not saying that the OCer did the right thing by arguing with the cops, but it does suck they violated his rights.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  6. BryGuy

BryGuy YUT UGHHHH!

Jul 21, 2010
    On my couch
    If that guy had just complied witht the officers commands, he probably would have been let go. That guy was a moron. He will probably get his ccw revoked.

7. The cop threatened to shoot the OCer with a gun pointed at him, someone who was breaking no laws, the cop had no reason to suspect any laws had been broken. Are you saying police assaulting civilians is OK?

Maybe the OCer would have been "smart" to comply with the officer, but you could say the same for Rosa Parks also. :upeyes:

8. Its a LTCF, I have one, I used to live in PA and he did nothing illegal, so not sure what you think his license should be revoked for? The cop who assaulted the guy because he was too incompetent to understand the laws he's sworn to uphold, should in fact be fired and charged with assault.

9. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Some people seem to have their priorities a bit twisted.

For anyone that wonders, when being held at gunpoint by a uniformed cop who's giving you commands, the only priority is compliance and not getting shot. Arguing....excuse me, "not arguing" as moron assured us was what he was *really* doing, doesn't even make the list.

10. WCrawford

WCrawford OC Zealot

Oct 25, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Under PA law, it could be Aggravated Assault. 18-2702

11. GeorgiaRedfish

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    There is a time and place to argue about your rights I don't believe at gun point is the time, and my history is a bit fuzzy, but Rosa Parks didn't have a gun pointed at her.

12. GeorgiaRedfish

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    Ya I know I was just distinguishing and not trying to get technical, but thanks for bringing it up.

13. WCrawford

WCrawford OC Zealot

Oct 25, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Sam, do you condone the police officer making up a new law to justify the stop?

Do you condone the police officer using his official position to lie about the newly made up law?

14. iibao

iibao Hi.

Jan 14, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    The cop is the idiot/moron here...

"Ignorance of the law excuses no one."

15. I agree with you, certainly not what I would have done if I was the OCer. I probably wouldn't OC in Philly, but it was this guy's RIGHT to OC there. In PA, unlike many states, they have their own version of RKBA right in the constitution, which is why OC is legal without an LTCF in that state.

I don't believe in police states, just because the guy was open carrying a firearm does not mean he should have been drawn on, the first and biggest wrong here goes to the cop. What if a cop wanted to pull his/her weapon on you for anything else that is perfectly legal? Imagine having your family there with you and having that happen?

16. WCrawford

WCrawford OC Zealot

Oct 25, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Technical is good. The supporters of criminal action by cops will use technicalities to justify the police officer's actions.

17. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Priorities. Number one is survival. After we get there, either in the real world or in discussion, we can move to all the quality of life issues.

So, do you recommend anything whatsoever other than immediate, unconditional compliance when a uniformed cop holds you at gunpoint and issues commands?

18. GeorgiaRedfish

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    I didn't know I was fighting big government when I posted it, next time I will try not to be so naive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.