close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Philadelphia: Night Sight Installation Help Wanted

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by MrV, Jan 30, 2011.

1. MrV

MrV

Jan 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hey guys, I recently purchased a set of Meps off of a forum member and I'd like to install them myself...but I don't have the tools. If there is anyone in the Philadelphia area who has the tools and loctite to help me out with a quick install you would be handsomely rewarded.

With what you might ask? Well...I happen to have a 6-pack of Troegs Nugget Nectar with your name on it. Not a beer drinker? Well how's throwing back a few glasses of some fine Basil Hayden bourbon sound? :drink:

I could do it myself with a screw driver...I realize that, but I don't want to risk cracking one of the viles so a sight pusher is preferred.

Thanks for looking.

2. Well, I wish I was in your area.
    I would help you out for a chance to share some fine bourbon with you.
    I hope someone takes you up on it.
    Probably take me about ten hours to get there.
    A little too far to drive after fine bourbon. :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

3. MrV

MrV

Jan 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Haha, well anytime you up in this state your welcome to a glass or two of something nice from my collection. I appreciate you even posting to spread good will to a fellow glocker!

4. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd

Jun 1, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    If you were closer I would help you out, I have the right tools but I am north of Harrisburg.

5. MrV

MrV

Jan 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Damn, I'm originally from a small town outside of Harrisburg called Dauphin. I'm a grad student out here in Philly though...This hammer and small screw driver that could serve as a makeshift drift is looking tempting...

6. not going towards philly anytime soon (relatives all moved out) but if you're going to cleveland or through it, lmk, i'll install them for you. no charge.

7. MrV

MrV

Jan 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Thank you for the offer Chowser! Unfortunately I'm stuck here. :(

8. fmfdocglock

fmfdocglock

Jan 6, 2009
    Who is the kitty mad at? It has its paw on the trigger.

9. MrV

MrV

Jan 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hahah she's a scaredy cat, it's her nervious reaction.

10. KWT

KWT

Aug 14, 2005
    I have a sight tool and travel to philly a lot. PM me.

11. Maxwell

Maxwell

Jul 13, 2000
    Princeton, NJ
    There is someone local to you I know will do the job while you wait. I'll PM you with the phone number and name.

Maxwell

12. gh0st614

gh0st614

May 4, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Dont do it, you will marr the **** out of your sight, My rear sight has a wicked nick in the bottom of it. I was using cardboard between the steel punch and the sight and the cardboard failed and I never even got the sight in.

Im off to buy a vise and a brass punch today to get the job done. The vise seems to be the important part :)

13. dgg9

dgg9

May 26, 2000
    Bucks County, PA, USA
    If you're a Philadelphia Archery and Gun member, they'll do it for nothing. If not a member, they'll do it for a pretty nominal fee.

14. MrV

MrV

Jan 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks for all the advice and help guys! Unfortunately...I created this thread about a month ago...and a few days after posting I installed my night sights with nothing more than a dish towel(damage protection), a hammer, a wooden spoon (drift), and the ledge between my carpet and hardwood floors(vice).

Turned out great...on both of my glocks. Dead center precise, absolutely no damage or marks.

[​IMG]