close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ph***er Enforcer

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by jnc36rcpd, May 9, 2013.

1. jnc36rcpd

jnc36rcpd
    Expand Collapse

My chief wants us to evaluate the Ph***er Enforcer so I guess another ECW ride is in my future. The Ph***er is supposedly as effective as Taser.

Does anyone have any experience with this thing? Do you know of any departments to have done evaluations or actually deploy the Ph***er?

Thanks and be safe.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

For those looking to do research, it's

PHA
    ZZ
    ER

Enforcer.

Color me extremely skeptical. Taser makes a fine product that has always been in a class by itself. DOJ did a study comparing Taser to the "Stinger" ECD and found that Stinger could not match up.

3. razdog76

razdog76
    Expand Collapse
    Heavy Mettle

Negative in Ohio.

Have you thought about engraving Ph***er Enforcer on your Streamlight or Maglite, so you can take it along and make yourself, and your Chief happy?:wavey:

4. jnc36rcpd

jnc36rcpd
    Expand Collapse

The chief is reasonably good about listening to instructor staff. If we give him the thumbs down, he won't have an issue with it.

TASER International isn't m favorite company, but they have funded plenty of research into their product. The Enforcer may be a great tool, but as we say, it doesn't matter what you know; it matters what you can prove.

In a small organization like mine, we don't have the depth on the bench to really do our own evaluation. I can run some cop through an exposure, but all that proves is one subject was incapacitated or not on one occasion with hopefully no medical effects.

5. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin
    Expand Collapse

Can you eleborate on this?

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Taser and their products. My personal reason for this is that I used one to save both my life and the dirtbag's life a little over a year ago. It was the only thing standing between me and using deadly force and my X26 performed that day.

6. jnc36rcpd

jnc36rcpd
    Expand Collapse

TASER International's products are generally highly effective. We had an incident last year in which the arrival of a Taser likely prevented death or serious injury to both the suspect and responding officers. Like any other product, they are not perfect and don't perform as effectively as the advertising suggests.

My aggravation with TASER International is more with their marketing than with their products.

7. SCSU74

SCSU74
    Expand Collapse
    St. Cloud Proud

Sounds risky to me. Stick with what's tried and true. And has all the data/court cases to back it up. Sure would suck to go and use the new Phazer or whatever and have it **** the bed

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. razdog76

razdog76
    Expand Collapse
    Heavy Mettle

After looking at the product, I think they are bringing some interesting improvements to the table such as pepper ball, and rubber ball cartridges in addition to two kinds of conventional dart cartridges, and a rechargeable battery.

MSRP is lower too... wonder if it is more durable than Taser's product?

9. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01
    Expand Collapse
    Pretty Ladies!

Humph. Looks to be made by furriners. Buy 'murican.

10. boomhower

boomhower
    Expand Collapse

The Stinger was complete crap. They were bought or went BK and are now known as Karbon. They are 100% better than Stinger but not up to Taser standards.