close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Petitioned

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by AirCav, Apr 13, 2012.

1. AirCav

AirCav
    Expand Collapse
    Out Front!
    CLM

Well, after several years of consideration, I finally turned in a petition at the local lodge. I have a meeting scheduled with the investigative committee next week. Starting at the start.....wish me luck! :thumbsup:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 AirCav, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Batesmotel

Batesmotel
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations. This is the first step in a long and wonderful journey.

3. Hyksos

Hyksos
    Expand Collapse

If you go far enough back on this forum, you can literally see the exact same post that I made over two years ago. Since then, I have been introduced into an entire world of Brotherhood I never knew existed. I have joined the Scottish and York Rites. I am now an officer of my lodge.

I was able to do all of this while attending law school. It may sound like a lot, but it isn't. I am glad that you made the decision to petition. It is the best thing I ever did. Not one of the best, the best. I hope you have the same experience I had. Happy traveling.

4. rockymtnhorror

rockymtnhorror
    Expand Collapse

I grew up in DeMolay and have a long history of Masonry in my family. Due to objections from my now ex-wife, I never petitioned a lodge. I corrected that and was raised a few years back. I'm glad I did. You won't regret it.

5. AirCav

AirCav
    Expand Collapse
    Out Front!
    CLM

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. My meeting is this afternoon at the local lodge. I'm a little bit curious what they will be asking me but I'm sure its no worse than a job interview....right? :nailbiting:

6. deputy tom

deputy tom
    Expand Collapse

Fear naught. You will do fine. Keep us posted on your journey. Good luck.tom.:thumbsup:

7. AirCav

AirCav
    Expand Collapse
    Out Front!
    CLM

Turned out to be an enjoyable, low stress event. Almost like just some fellas sitting around and talking.

I was encouraged to find that there were two other petitioners who were attending for the same purpose. That seems like a good sign.

Now, more patience.

8. Hyksos

Hyksos
    Expand Collapse

These people will more than likely be in your "class." Befriend these men, they will be some of the closest Brothers you have. I went through with 3 other men. Two of them went on their own path, but I have remained good friends with the other Brother. He is a lifetime friend and has since moved to Cali, but I know if I'm ever over there that I have a place to stay and an old friend to converse with.

9. deputy tom

deputy tom
    Expand Collapse

Good to hear the meeting went well.tom.

10. Rally Vincent

Rally Vincent
    Expand Collapse
    Bipolar

11. AirCav

AirCav
    Expand Collapse
    Out Front!
    CLM

Sorry 'bout that. After looking back through the archives, I saw that I'd started a thread that's literally been done a number of times before. I kind of decided that this new guy stuff might not interest many of you here. But thanks for asking!

I received a letter from the Lodge Secretary earlier this month that said "Your petition for the three degrees in Masonry has been recommended. The first degree has been set for May 31st, 2012."

I guess that means that I survived the vote and am about to begin this new journey. What that means, exactly, I don't really know. I'm a bit apprehensive but I'm ready to learn.

#11 AirCav, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  12. rockymtnhorror

rockymtnhorror
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations! It's a path well worth traveling. You'll never forget many of the things you'll experience.

13. deputy tom

deputy tom
    Expand Collapse

Did you see where I posted fear naught? Don't be apprehensive. Only good things will happen. Trust me. tom.

14. Marc1956

Marc1956
    Expand Collapse
    CLM #66

I'm almost jealous of the amazing journey you have embarked on. It would be fun to go back and do it again! I was raised in 1984 (YIKES!) and had the honor of raising my best friend in 2010 and my brother-in-law the same year! Listen carefully, speak clearly and enjoy yourself. Remember that every person in the lodge has walked the same path you now find yourself on. Keep us informed as to your progress! :wavey:

15. AirCav

AirCav
    Expand Collapse
    Out Front!
    CLM

Greetings from my lodge's newest Entered Apprentice!

I'm still trying to process the experience. Thanks to those of you who reassured me. I think that apprehension is common when facing an unknown but, as you said, nothing to fear.

And now, the work begins!

16. Batesmotel

Batesmotel
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations and welcome brother.

17. Rancho_Nirvana

Rancho_Nirvana
    Expand Collapse
    X 1911 Addict

How cool!

It only gets better!

If I may, I would just say that be ready to accomplish things you at first glance will think impossible... ;-) I know I did.

Congrats, keep us up to speed.

18. deputy tom

deputy tom
    Expand Collapse

Enjoy the journey Brother. tom.

19. AirCav

AirCav
    Expand Collapse
    Out Front!
    CLM

Greetings from GT's newest Master Mason! I was raised to the Third Degree just a couple hours ago! That was...interesting. I expected something similar to the previous degrees, and wasn't disappointed, but there was just that little something extra that made it all the more memorable! Impressive work by all of the participants.

Thanks, again, for all of the well-wishes. Now, back to work to finish out the degree lectures.

20. janice6

janice6
    Expand Collapse
    Platinum Member

You're with a group of fine gentlemen. Congratulations.