Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Pet insurance suggestions?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by FM12, Aug 3, 2014.

1. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

Jun 17, 2007
    We have been blessed with a 14 week old AKC yorkie and would like to get health insurance on him. Any suggestions or experiences with a certain company, gtood or bad? Thanks in advance, FM12
  2. BMyers

Mar 22, 2012

This is what we have on our Great Dane. They have paid all the wellness claims quickly. We had one medical claim and they paid the 90% of it within three weeks of submitting the claim. We have been pleased with it and like most insurance hope that we don't have a need to use it.

3. deathpriest

Dec 12, 2004
    I have VPI. Not for the small things but for bigger expenses. I can cough $100 here and there but if the pooch needed a $10k procedure, that is where they come in. $130/year. They have other tiers.
  4. wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Not TOO familiar with pet insurance, but having three dogs with ongoing needs (one having two knee surgeries) the expenses that hit us the most is routine/annual vaccinations to ensure that we can board our dogs if we have to leave town. Most boarders require updated vaccinations within six-months (i.e. Kennel Cough) to be updated. If your insurance covers those things it's good. Like any insurance, think about your lifestyle, and the costs of routine medical care at your vet, vs. simply putting some cash away monthly to help with your dog's care.

We can afford to take things as they come, but some people may feel that pet insurance is the way to go, but buyer beware.