close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

personal trainer certification?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Archangel, May 9, 2005.

1. Archangel

Archangel
    Expand Collapse

i am thinking of becoming a personal trainer. there are several opportunities for employment in my area. i don't know the best place to get my certification, though. the internet is full of seemingly legit organizations who offer courses and certificates of training completion. can't pick which are bogus and which are not. where should i seek the best certification? any input will be a big help.

2. testosterone

testosterone
    Expand Collapse

are you wanting to work as a trainer for a gym (like 24hr fitness) or as individual contracted personal trainer? Most gyms will have a list of which certs are acceptable. If you want to go out on your own then almost any cert will do. Basically your physique will be your billboard...if you dont look like you are in shape then no matter how many certificates you have, you wont have that same respect. I get more people ask me for advice in the gym then they do trainers.

BUT check out issaonline.com
    IMO it is the best.

3. xd>glock2me

xd>glock2me
    Expand Collapse
    Republican

An ACSM HFI is probably the best, I just took my certification exam a week ago. It should get you in the door anywhere. Also, CSCS credintials are pretty common and accepted in most places

4. don't tread on me

don't tread on me
    Expand Collapse

ACSM very good
    A.C.E. is accepted by Gold Gyms