close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Permit to Carry rules in the Philippines...

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by meowr, Jul 17, 2009.

1. meowr

meowr

Apr 24, 2009
    I'm searching for rules of where you can and can't carry a firearm in the Philippines.
    And I stumbled onto this set of rules:

1.) This Permit is non-transferable.
    2.) The firearm must not be displayed or exposed to public view.
    3.) The firearm shall not be brought inside public drinking and amusement places and all other commercial establishments; and
    4.) The unexpired license or authority to posses the firearm must always be carried with this permit. Expired license must be renewed.

Numbers 1, 2 and 4 makes perfect sense...

Umm.... can you guys explain what number 3 means?
    The way I'm reading it, it seems as if you can NOT bring it anywhere?

Can some of you list where you CAN bring a concealed firearm (with a PTC of course)?

Office building?
    Hospital?
    Malls?
    7-11?

Did I just waste 10k pesos on applying for a PTC?

Thanks in advance for any info....

2. edtf

edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    QC
    btw, Versoza wants - concealed carry by bag only - no more IWB. Why??? Choose any illogical reason you can think of :steamed:

3. Those 4 rules have long been at the back of the PTCFOR's and believe these were a result of a crime long ago, cant recall what it was that was high profile then. Was it the Rolito Go?

Anyway, rule 3 does put the holder in a precarious position and I can speculate that it may be intentional for the PNP to have the upper hand should they decide to charge an individual.

On the clutch bag issue, that may be a rule that the PNP wants to put in place to identify someone who may be in violation (i.e. someone without a permit would tuck it in the waist). The intention may be there but practicality says it is not possible.

This is now a gray area of the rules subject to interpretation caused by FED for such remarks that are not supported by any implementing rules or law.

4. akula

akula BizDuc NM Millennium Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Diri, Diha, Didto
    Another reason for #3 is that alcohol and guns are not supposed to mix.

5. meowr

meowr

Apr 24, 2009
    so....

are you guys saying that WITH a PTC, I can NOT carry a handgun anywhere...?

6. MERCMADE

MERCMADE BULLET PROOF

worry not. like most of all the laws in the philippines, no 3 is also subject to "interpretation", if your logic doesnt save you, hope to god that your money does

7. MERCMADE

MERCMADE BULLET PROOF

worry not. like most of all the laws in the philippines, no 3 is also subject to "interpretation", if your logic doesnt save you, hope to god that your money does (very sarcastic tone).

8. meowr

meowr

Apr 24, 2009

Heh... nice... :whistling:

Well... no one has given me an example of where you can carry yet...
    Is PTC in malls a no-no?

9. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting

yep, you can't carry in malls, that violates rule # 3. the conservative interpretation is, you can carry your piece:

1. while walking in public places
    2. in public transport
    3. while driving

for most buildings here, FAs need to be deposited prior to entry, and that includes cops

10. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Just dont wave it around threatening people and you'll be fine
    Cumtotinkofit, City boys lang may problema
    Kaming mga promdi , cocked and locked kahit san
    Wala nga lang kami pambayad sa ptc

11. The inclusion of "commercial or public establishments" in condition 3 of the ptcfor started 3 or 4 years ago if i remember correctly, prior to that it only specified "public drinking and amusement places, political and religious gatherings" i still have my old ptcfor's which had these conditions. They should just change the name of the permit to PTCFIV - permit to carry firearm inside vehicle

12. nrmcolt

nrmcolt What?

Sep 26, 2004
    Raccoon City
    Very true master A
    :thumbsup:

13. armorpiercing

armorpiercing

Jan 30, 2009

sad but true :upeyes:

14. egoy

egoy

Aug 24, 2006
    I was once asked by a guard to deposit my firearm upon entering their establishment. I asked "May lock ba yan drawer mo?" He just scratched his head and said "Sige boss, dalhin nyo na lang sa loob. D naman halata na may dala kayo."

Kung meron restrictions sa civilian, I think meron din guidelines ang mga security guards/agencies.

Sa dami ng bukas kotse nowadays, will you leave your FA in unmanned parking spaces? And will you feel any safer leaving your FA sa mga guards with unsecured drawers who often leave their posts to guide parking vehicles?

15. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    very true hehehe.

16. Does this mean that if you were say walking in a public place with your FA then had to eat lunch in a mall or happen to passby, they can refuse you entry? If at all you need to deposit your FA with the security guard? In a practical sense would you even consider surrendering your FA to a non-LEO? Lets face it, security guards in malls, which may run shifts are not the best authorities (if at all) to leave your FA.

My experience has been that 99% of the time I had carried my FA, in a concealed manner which has not been found. The other 1% admittedly was noticed but I reasoned that I was going back into the mall to get my car which was parked in their carpark in the first place. So why prohibit me from entering now?

17. z_e_n

z_e_n

May 5, 2009
    Use an ankle holster. :supergrin: so far, haven't seen them frisk that low.

18. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    99% of the time they don't but during gun shows they frisk until sa ankle :)

19. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    Or you can use a man bag like the Fatboy

20. MERCMADE

MERCMADE BULLET PROOF

problem lang with the fatboy, or any maxpedition, or any similar bags is para mo na ring inadvertise na me dala kang baril.
    nawawala tuloy ung advantage, isa pa sabi nga dito, paano kung maisnatch he he.