Permit holder arrested for displaying weapon when woman refuses to move

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by SgtScott31, Sep 29, 2012.

1. The Concealed Carrier community is much better off without idiots like this. But, he may have a future in the OC community :)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. As others have said what a stupid moron. What ever he gets he deserves.

3. With Obama's plan to limit gun rights this is exactly what he needs in the media to gain public support.

4. One step away from drawing that weapon over a parking spot. What an idiot.

5. Patchman

Patchman Florist

I love it!

Well, an armed society is a polite society. And she continuing to hog that space even after her time was up was definitely rude.

6. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Agree with most comments above....so.............what should have the man done to convince this "entitled" women to move and follow the rules...like normal people.

People are sneaky these days...they "look for weakness" and take advantage...***weakness in this case was the man "brandishing" and she knew it!!!...and im sure she also knew she would not be shot for being stupid and acting entitled (cause protective laws for the ignorant still apply)....again how would you handle it....just walk away and let her have her "special" way.....or take the "valuable" time to go get help.....
    Thanks all.

#26 LASTRESORT20, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  7. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Simple. I would write down her license plate, and call the local airport police to have her ticketed and towed on their non-emergency line if I felt as strongly as he did.

8. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Or lean on the car horn for as long as it took to get one of those enforcement people to come around. In the meantime, hopefully she can't hear the cellphone over the noise.

#28 Patchman, Sep 29, 2012
  9. Damn flashers.

10. The CCW badges should have "yep, I'm a dumbass" printed on them

11. Although I can feel his frustration I don't think he did the right thing.

I had an incident where a guy blocked me in in an abandon parking lot and refused to move. That was a time when I asked (told) him to move, I chose to "Open Carry". I didn't lift my shirt, I tucked it in. His reaction pretty much confirms my belief he was up to something.

12. He told the traffic officer on the level after the fact that her timer had expired. That's what normal people would do.

13. In attempting to brandish a badge to enforce a parking ordinance, he easily met the criminal impersonation statute.

#33 SgtScott31, Sep 29, 2012
  14. We don't have a "brandishing" law in TN.

This is why he was charged. He put her in fear of bodily injury (pursuant to 39-13-101) and displayed a weapon to accomplish it.

#34 SgtScott31, Sep 29, 2012
  15. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak KO Windows

That's actually not to bad an idea.

:rofl:

16. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Makes you stop and wonder, if a gunfight breaks out between 2 conceal carriers and there are no witnesses and 1 of them is dead... does the other guy get all charges dropped if the deceased is wearing a ccw badge?

17. I tried wearing my CCW badge on my chest, but it would sometimes be obscured by my CCW sash in windy conditions. I've since moved it to my CCW cowboy hat.:rofl:

#37 fusegsp, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  18. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

They sure do. As the saying goes, "You can't fix stupid."

:wavey:

I hope that idiot (and border line whacker) looses his permit and never gets it back.

We don't need anymore black eyes for the concealed carry crowd. There always has to be a arse opening in the bunch doesn't there....

:steamed:

#38 NEOH212, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  19. Chris Chris
    Naw he will not have an OC career either - he'll be a convicted felon - so he joined the Sheep population!:rofl:

20. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

You should try hanging it from your CCW earing. Just make sure you have it on the "straight" side.