Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Permit denied to drink, drive and conceal

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TBO, Mar 16, 2012.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

2. jlpskydive

Apr 17, 2009
    That is correct ANY alcohol in your system = no carry.

3. 2afreedom

May 6, 2007
    The South
    The rule also applies to LEOs. They can of course carry pretty much everywhere without a permit but not while any alcohol remains in their body.

I would rather see a low BAC limit so people could have a beer with dinner if they chose to, but that's the statute as it remains today.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  4. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    No alcohol-specific restrictions on open-carry in the statutes.
  5. Mountain10mm

Dec 14, 2007
    Zero alcohol in your system while carrying is an antigun agenda. Don't get me wrong; having a clear mind while using any dangerous piece of machinery or equipment is paramount, but you can legally be the pilot-in-command of an airplane with alcohol in your blood – even the big passenger planes. Are there laws against being overly tired, exhausted, out-of-breath because of altitude, stoned (with a quantitative number), or even stressed out? No.

Tell me in a court of law with legitimate scientific evidence that having one beer makes the average person less lucid than being overly tired and or woken up from REM sleep at 2:00am. Oh yeah, and everyone agrees it's OK, to have a gun at your bedside for those times when things go bump in the night...
  6. kensteele

Aug 3, 2003
    Leawood, KS
    I tend to agree with you. For the story, I agree with arrest, but this:

"But also clear with every issued permit is a policy about alcohol and drugs: “It is unlawful to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has remaining in his body any alcohol or in his blood a controlled substance previously consumed. (There is an exception if the controlled substance was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts.)”

All kinds of problems I see here. The way this is written it is only a mechnanism to see how many permits they can revoke and make people into criminals for being in a certain "condition."
  7. kensteele

Aug 3, 2003
    Leawood, KS
    Am I understand you correctly, if you are the passenger in a moving vehicle with a tiny trace of alcohol still in your blood from last night and your weapon is covered and the driver is under the lmit but with a tiny trace of alcohol and his weapon is visible, he is not arrested on a DUI and it's ok for him to be armed but you are arrested and charged?
  8. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I'd rather see a low BAC limit so people could have a Dayquil with a cold and not have to worry about carrying.

9. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I am not saying exactly that, I am simply stating that the current firearms statutes only mention restrictions on BAC with regards to concealed carry. If it isn't illegal, then you are free to do it...however, I am sure there is some other non-firearm specific law they could get you on if they really wanted to. I am not going to be the one to test this out.
  10. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001

its amazing how a southern state is more restrictive on the RKBA than many northern states.