close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

people saying the glock 27 being to much recoil

Discussion in 'The .40 S&W Club' started by corbon1, Mar 7, 2010.

1. corbon1

corbon1

Apr 5, 2003
    Michigan
    I went to purchase a Glock 27 and every gun shop tried to talk me out of it because they and others here on GT told me it was to snappy !!! I purchased the g-27 ANYWAYS wanting something with a bigger diameter bullet for bigger holes more bleed-out. I shot this G27 with 155gr Hornady ammo and Winchester 180gr Bonded JHP and all I can say is awesome and accurate :wow:

These gun shops and people here on GT must have been INEXPERIENCED shooters and to be honest Wimps and Whiners, IF you need heavier bullets and better penetration get A 40S&W today don't wait just do it !!!!!!

The 180gr Bonded bullets went clean through a 4X4 Wood treated pole and into Two (2) Phone books with no problem, WOW what power, a 9mm WILL NOT do that. ( I'm not knocking the 9mm, it has its place) I am very, very happy with my G-27 and it is now my everyday carry piece in a Don Hume inside the pant leather holster.

Last the 40S&W DOES NOT HAVE TO MUCH SNAP, I am a reloader, Shooter and hunter for 35+ years you can beleive me the G-27 IS NOT to much snap. I will be loading my G27 with hornady TAP ammo til Hornady releases their
    Critical Defense ammo in 40S&W.

Keep Rockin' and Glockin'

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  2. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

Well remember that to "some folks," even a Makarov is difficult to shoot.' I agree that the G27 is simple to shoot. All Glocks are simple to shoot up to and including the G20/G29. But again, some folks are very highly recoil sencitive so to 'them' they are nasty bruts to fire...

Congrats on your new toy. I like mine very much and also use 180 bonded when i carry it.

Btw. The 9mil with a 147gr bonded bullet in a G19/17 WILL go through a 4X4 and some bones and light steel and some water jugs behind that.

See thread http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188579&page=5

Page 5 and page 6.

Good shooting.

CanyonMan

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010

3. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    Try some hot SD 180gr ammo. Kicks a little more!

4. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

I do use 180gr 'ers in the G27.

I reload, so I have placed some real screamers downrange. :wow: Still a fun gun to shoot. Also I grew up on a ranch sooting 44mags and the like so for me, it's hard to find a gun with recoil. ;)

Good shooting

CanyonMan

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010