close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pentax K200D

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Ramjet38, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Ramjet38

Ramjet38
    Expand Collapse
    SONS OF LIBERTY

I've been thinking of getting the new Pentax K200D. Anyone have one...opinions? Right now until the 26th of July they are having a rebate of $100 off the camera body. I already have lenses from my old Pentax ZX-7.
    Time to move up to a digital SLR.

I also need a good camera shake buffer. Can't hold them steady anymore. :supergrin:

2. nipperwolf

nipperwolf
    Expand Collapse

Have you verified that they will function (AF and exposure) on the K200D?

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38
    Expand Collapse
    SONS OF LIBERTY

All the specs and reviews that I have read, says that it will function with any of the older AF K-mount lenses. That's about all I can rely on without actually trying it out. Any other suggestion that I might check into?
    Thanks

4. nipperwolf

nipperwolf
    Expand Collapse

You're good to go. Pentax's web site says it'll work with your lenses. I was just making sure you did your homework. :supergrin:

Many people went out and bought Nikon D40s, then found out that their older lenses wouldn't AF, because they didn't do their homework. ;)

5. Ramjet38

Ramjet38
    Expand Collapse
    SONS OF LIBERTY

I know what you mean. I just had a friend buy a Nikon D40 and I asked him if he could use his old AF lenses and he said no. That's what I wanted to avoid on a new camera. I really didn't want to start all over and buy everything again. I would have just stuck to a digital point & shoot and my old SLR for film. Thanks for your responses. :wavey: