close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Peak Gold

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Akita, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Akita

Akita gone

Jul 22, 2002

2. auto-5

auto-5

Nov 13, 2011
    You can use gold in a portfolio to hedge the market as long as you are diversified. But I wouldn't only invest in gold and I wouldn't be buying now while the market is high. Wait for the economy to come back around and the price to fall. Never buy high that goes for anything from index funds to property.

3. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    ??? Because they are usually right and mainstream media eventually reports on a lot of their content, not to mention talking heads like Glenn Beck and financial commentators that "borrow" a lot of it???

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Because most of the crap on zerohedge is inane, indecipherable, gibberish that I can't even get through without becoming bored and/or irritated.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    So are you shorting gold and silver?

6. racerford

racerford

Apr 22, 2003
    DFW area
    Naked shorts are a very risky proposition. I recommend against for anybody, no matter how sure they are. They are unlimited risk with limited reward, a fool's investment.

Also I believe that was a conditional statement, not an absolute statement. He is suggesting a strategy for buying gold; not suggesting someone short gold.