close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PC100 SDRAM DIMM's, Who's Got the Best Deals?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Nalapombu, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

Oct 21, 1999
    Spring, TEXAS....USA
    Hey,

I need either (2) 128 mb or (1) 256 mb stick(s) of RAM. They are 168 pin DIMM SDRAM PC100, and NON-ECC or NON-Parity.
    I have looked at Crucial.com and they are too steep. I should've bought it a while back, but I thought it would get cheaper. Boy was I wrong...
    Anyone have a source for good, reliable RAM at good prices?

Thanks for the info.

Nala

2. chevrofreak

chevrofreak Senior Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Billings, Montana
    Ebay. Prices for the oldschool stuff are still insane. :(

3. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Jan 7, 2002
    Canton Mi
    I am selling RAM on ebay as I type. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6720981851&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

My RAM has some examples you will want to look for. Look for a maker that has a lifetime warrenty. This is a good thing. If you get it and it doesn't work, its a simple RMA. Sending back to the maker to get a new one. Then make sure the seller is not scum, so check that feedback. You should be able to get some great RAM for about half price. The RAM I am selling costs $199.99 for me. But I know I will be lucky to $100 out of it. I know about it. Its a great deal for anyone who buys it. Even if who ever buys it, over clocks it and blows it up. Kingston will replace it. I am not sure about other makers. Its easy enough to check out the websites of the maker. Choose wisely and you will be very happy.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_memory.asp

Looks like they have a 256mb stick for 69.99(after rebate). Note, I have no experience with Tiger rebates, but I've heard you have to pull teeth to get your money back...

Personally, I'd probably just save a little, and spring for a Processor/MB/Memory upgrade.

Use caution...

IGF

5. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    Old PC100/PC133 mainboards are no longer cost-effective for upgrading.

When a 512MB stick of DDR PC3200 can be had for less than the price of a 256MB stick of crappy PC133, you know the antiques have finally reached a state of diminishing returns.

Luckily, I have a bunch of older RAM; when I am hired to do a complete system build, the client normally will trade their old PC for a small savings on the labor costs.

Which can add hundreds to my fees after resale!!

Me thinks I need an Ebay seller's account...;)

Good luck,

FastVFR