Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

PC Problems. rundll32.exe

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mossy500camo, Nov 19, 2004.

1. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    I have a problem with my computer. It seems to be sluggish and crashes, gets stuck. Trouble shooter keeps saying runndll32.exe missing. How do I fix this problem?

Also will not download microsoft updates. 27 critical updates missing.;P

Computer is a HP pavilion Home desktop /Windows XP.
  2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    First, check the sticky on Spyware at the top of this forum; lots of good info there.

Assuming you have an updated antivirus app running, and have scanned for spyware with an updated scanner or two, you might want to check Start> Run> msconfig> Startup (tab) to see how many things are set to run at startup.

If there are a lot of little icons to the left of your clock on the desktop, that is a bad sign; turn off everything you don't need to keep constantly running.

If it is still slow, go to Trend and do the Housecall scan. That'll give you a second opinion if you think your PC is virus-free...

If you do all of this and it doesn't help, post back and I'll share some more 'tricks'!

3. Zoolander

Zoolander Castrated

Nov 8, 2004
  4. betyourlife

betyourlife on a GLOCK

May 10, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I have had the same virus. If your web browser has been hijacked, it is about:blank virus.

Get antivirus software and spybot search and destroy and all microsoft updates and that will fix it.
  5. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

Sep 19, 2003
    East Central Indiana
    No doubt, a fully updated Avast didn't catch a java based virus that Trend did.