close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

PC Card Adapter

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Wulfenite, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I've got an extra WiFi PC card. Is there anyway to adapt it so that I can use it to put my xbox onto the wireless network.

It would basically be some sort of box that would have a slot for a pc card and a ethernet plug..... maybe a powerplug too.

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon

3. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I know the xbox doesnt have a PCI slot.... what I'm wondering is does there exist a dongle that has a PCI slot on one end and a eithernet plug on the other. I know they make a WIFI radio that plugs into the eithernet on the xbox. But I dont have one of those, I have a PC card WIFI radio. I'm just trying to use what I've got to put my xbox on the network.

4. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    Oh. Gotcha.

Well, I'd guess that the adapter cable/housing itself would be a big paercentage of the cost...a WL card can be had for under $40.

Have you checked the sites that sell the full XBox WL product to see if they also sell a kit w/o the radio card?

5. Toyman

Toyman

May 6, 2003
    West Michigan
  6. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

Yeah, I knew about the xbox product. I just figured internally it was the same as what I had. I also through thay maybe somebody had devised an adapter to use a PCI card on a machine that doesnt have a PCI slot. Guess not. Thanks anyway.