close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paula Deen. FAIL.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looks like Paula Deen's empire is in big trouble, ala Michael Richards style.

I wonder if she will be able to weather the storm.

2. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

Feb 24, 2000
    Richmond, Virginia
    According to the Washington Post article I just read at the bar while waiting for my to go order, she testified that after being robbed at gunpoint she used the N word...

...in the 1980s.

BFD.

3. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

Who among us hasn't used the N word?
    Who among us doesn't have some degree of racism?

If she were a rich, successful black women, this wouldn't be news.

4. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag

Sep 13, 2005
    What I really can't believe is that this is what people are concerned with. :faint:

5. Not going to be a problem for her. I am doubting if African Americans are even a small fraction of her fan/customer base.

/

6. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    agreed , ive been saying forever everybody is some form of a racist , if you say you are not you are lying .

everyone is a racist .

7. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I place the importance of this "scandal" right around "no problem".

8. G22Dude

G22Dude

Jan 23, 2009
    The N word thing in the 80's is old news and irrelevant. It was close to 30 years ago. The deal about having her staff of old black men dress us as Civil War era slaves, stupid, but hey if you had some dudes willing to do it, then oh well.

I'm black and I promise that if a black dude tried to rob me I would have shot him and said hey this N word just tried to rob me.

I like Paula, I can't say I'm a fan because I don't go out of my way to watch anything that she's involved in. She just seems like a nice enough lady. She was honest about what she did in the past. And she's no worse that anybody else. All the self righteous folks who are yelling have said and done equally or more egregious stuff, but their dirt isn't on the front page that's all.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  9. forresme

forresme

May 8, 2009
    Southern State
    Of course the media will make a huge deal out of it. This is the kind of thing Al Sharpton thrives on. If she did indeed say it 30 years ago, who cares. People can change. Give her the benefit of the doubt.

10. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Feb 1, 2005
    She'll do just fine.

11. method

method

Mar 27, 2002
    Cleveland, OH
    I wouldn't say everyone is racist, but I would say everyone is prejudiced. There is a difference.

I got a real laugh out of the comments on this story on TMZ; someone was seriously trying to argue that black people, especially black males, are very open and welcoming to people of other races......and of course all white people are racist. I really don't know how some people can be so delusional.

12. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    :cheerleader:

13. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    I'm a very strange kind of racist. I do not care for people from Luxembourg. Dirty little place with even dirtier little people. Small hands. Shudder.

I have been with black women, Asian women, white women, Hispanic women and Irish women. I still have to cross off middle eastern, Native American and Indian. However, I draw the line at women from Luxembourg. A man has to have standards.

Taste the rainbow and stay thirsty friends.

P.S. who the heck is Paula Deen? Is she related to that dude who makes the tasty breakfast sausage
    ?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  14. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    She got robbed by the same folks chris rock says he always looked out for while using the ATM.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. Yeah, it was 30 years ago, but how someone so successful could let stuff like that be known is nuts. The wedding idea sounds worse than the racial epithet.

16. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Feb 1, 2005
    How is it so shocking that anyone in 30 years hasn't said that? Especially in the south. It would be a shock and a lie if she said she hasn't.

17. The wedding idea is worse than the word.

18. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

Apr 6, 2004
    Bingo, this ^^. Heck, if anything changes she might see a slight bump increase.

19. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

Apr 6, 2004
    :rofl:

20. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

I don't think so. I don't believe she was purposely subjugating anyone. If she's willing to pay, and people are willing to act out her fantasy, where's's the harm?
    It's like dwarf tossing- 20 years ago a bunch of dwarves had steady income until a bunch of do-gooders decided what they did to earn a living was offensive.
    I don't hear any victims calling foul except a former manager who should expect to have her personnel file exposed as long as she's throwing stones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.