Patrol rifle photo thread

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by pal2511, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Ah hell, I do understand that but I just ate a lot of Top Ramen on duty to squeeze some pennies. Same sort of boat here for pay. Thank the lord and lady for a great accountant at tax time. All those parts, ammo and related costs add up.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. My issued AR with my last department was a plain jane M&P 15. Optics and light were a no-no. :upeyes:

Here's my personal AR that I built myself.

BCM upper
    Stripped M&P lower with DD internals
    Troy drop-in battle rail
    Magpul furniture
    Troy folding rear sight
    Sling is a Magpul MS2 that I'm running as a 2 point in a slightly unconventional way.
    Optic is a Primary Arms micro red dot. I've been very inpressed with this optic, especially considering the price. For my purposes its all I need.

If this rifle ever ends up as a duty weapon, I'll spring for a real Aimpoint Micro and add a light.

[​IMG]

3. Freaking epic. Is the Mosin your BUG?

4. Yep, my next project is to trick out my old Mini. I figured on an Amega Ranges scout rail, a mini RDS, a small Surefire light and repalce my laminate stock for a Houge. Just to drive the AR guys nuts!

5. Sparkster

Sparkster HeroHolstersLLC

Laser came today. :supergrin:
    Now I just need to get over to my friend's house and get it lined up on his 100yd bench.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried to photograph the beam but it required a little more setup with the camera than I thought and sometimes I'm not patient. I may try again tonight after dark. I did shine it at some trees about 70yds away and the dot was plenty visible. :cool:

Edit for night time laser beam photo:
    f/3.5
    18mm
    18 sec exposure
    ISO-400
    [​IMG]

#145 Sparkster, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  6. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

anybody have any experience with pelican rifle cases? i'll be keeping my Colt 6920 in the trunk and these look like pretty solid cases. Looking at 1700 vs 1720, any help appreciated!

7. Pelicans are some of the best cases on the market. Other options for around the same money, are Starlight, and Hardigg Storm.

I personally like the Starlight cases. They are almost freakin bullet proof, and besides Ted Nugent use one.(Probably more than one.)

I worked at a rifle shop for almost a year, and we stocked Starlight cases. The customer support was awesome.

Quick story, we had a case shipped to the shop that FedEx DROPPED OUT OF AN AIRPLANE!!!! Some of the hinges sheared off, case was beat all to hell, the latches were broken. Just in general messed up. The gun was damaged but mostly cosmetics.

Starlight was so concerned that they wanted detailed pictures of how the case failed. Top notch customer service. Best in the business, period. Had it been any other case, I am sure that the gun would have been completely destroyed. Like I said, great folks.

8. Starlight makes a smaller case for M4s. Should cost around $200.

Well I said that and found that they no longer make the 28" model. Sorry.

#148 Kahr_Glockman, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  9. I just bought a 1720 with the pick and pluck foam. The case is heavy, but I'm fairly sure the case will outlive me. The quality and craftsmanship is damn impressive.

10. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

how does the pick and pluck work? from what i saw on their sight you draw an outline and the foam is already cut into cubes?

11. It's partially cut into cubes. I placed the rifle and mags where I wanted and then outlined them in toothpicks. Next I cut with a razor knife. Just realize when you're picking a case size you have to have almost 1" extra on all four sides so you have a cube of protective foam on the outer edge.

All in all took me about an hour, but turned out even better than I thought it would.

12. We got trained today on our rifles. Colt LE6940 with Aimpoint - don't know what model Aimpoint. I was skeptical of the optics, having never used a red dot sight and only ever having shot through a scope maybe five times in my life. I like it.

We had a number of stoppages, which mostly appeared to be due to the Colt magazines. For the time being, those are the only mags we can officially use, but approval for P-Mags should be in within 24 to 48 hours.

Good training day. I'm tired and a bit sore from all the transitions to kneeling and prone, and going nonstop for almost the whole day - short breaks, and few of them. The way a training day should be.

I still say we should have gotten HK416s or better yet, HK94s. I am a fan of the delayed roller locking bolt.

13. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

and around two months later...

BOOM goes the dynamite.

Thanks for the inspiration, once again G30/600R

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. GenoTac Ind.

GenoTac Ind. |KYDEX GEAR>

That look so right. Exactly how I envisioned my build to be...looks just right. I would like to see some groupings at 100yrds. Will not be able to get mine done till tax time. But now I know I really want it that way. Good build!

15. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

Until Uncle Sugar and the NFA fairies ship me a voided stamp telling me I can assemble it, no groupings at any yards, I'm afraid.

I know you were thinking about a longer rail but I think 7.6 is just right. I highly recommend ponying up the cash for a Noveske Diplomat barrel as well. This thing is ****ing sweet!

:supergrin:

16. ArmaGlock

ArmaGlock Glock Armorer

BCM 11.5
    [​IMG]

17. GenoTac Ind.

GenoTac Ind. |KYDEX GEAR>

Diplomat barrel it will be then! Took mine exactly 3 months on the stamp, sent in May 14 got July 23

18. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

I'm still waiting for my AOW stamp for my Serbu!

19. Didn't go thru all 7 pages but just FYI, Daniel Defense is about to roll out a interest free financing for a couple rifle packages.

Basically, an agency gets an account and a certain amount is drawn out from each paycheck and the dept. sends it to the company at one time. Rifles are shipped out a day or two after ordering.

Might be something to consider if money is tight.
    I also think it is only open for patrol officers which last I checked was the backbone of any agency.

20. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

Another reason to love that company.