close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by younggenious, Sep 2, 2004.

1. younggenious

younggenious

Jun 29, 2001
    Southern TX
    "A fast-paced novel that follows a group of survivalists through a stock market crash, an economic collapse, and a second civil war. It is packed with useful information on how to survive a disaster."

Entertaining book...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  2. who are the two sides of the civil war?

rural vs city

libs vs cons

dems vs repubs

gun vs no-gun :)

3. younggenious

younggenious

Jun 29, 2001
    Southern TX
    That's why you read the book ;)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  4. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Feb 11, 2002
    California Sierra Mnts
    Awesome book; anyway you analyze it. He knows his guns too – plenty of realistic firearms action. I have read three versions of this book. I think so much of this book, I purchased quite a few copies, and gave them away for Christmas some years ago.

The "final" published version "Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse" is the best version, though it does lack the appendix. The earlier internet versions (which no longer exist unless you own one) had a WONDERFUL and extensive appendix of resources, and references to survivalist, gun, and other resources referenced, or used in the book. You can go to the author’s website here: http://www.rawles.to/patriots.htm

5. J.B. McQ

J.B. McQ

Jul 31, 2004
    The gun show book dealer i bought my copy from said it was a survival manual disguised as a novel. In some respects I agree.

6. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Jan 25, 2000
    W7YBY
    I ordered it tonight; I hope you're correct. ;)

7. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

Some of the ideas are interesting and individual pieces of the story seemed "realistic", but the entire arc of the story was a little too fanciful for somthing that's a cautionary tale.

8. I read the internet version and it smacked of space capsule thinking IMO.