close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Pass it Forward for Reloaders?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Hogpauls, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

Nov 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I just had a chance to help out a fellow GT reloader with some brass that I don't use but had laying around. Now I kinda have this warm and fuzzy feeling.:cool:

I know we have a Free TAGH forum with a Pass it Forward thread already, but I thought it would be kinda cool to have one for reloading related items only. This way we wouldn't have to muddle through all the holster, magazine, unwanted refrigerators and what not threads. Keeping it strictly free or maybe asking for postage on larger items I think would be reasonable. The cost of a flat rate box is a small price to pay in order to help someone out and in return.......who knows what.

Anyone interested?

2. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    Anyone have an extra girlfriend they're not using? Being a newb when it comes to the female gender I did some research on the internet to help me determine what would best fit my needs.

It appears that the model I'd be interested in is in her mid to late forties, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, blue or green eyes, blond hair and approximately 120 to 125 pounds. Natural equipment is preferred to factory manufactured.

This particular model has received rave reviews on the internet and appears to be a very good place for a newb to start.

Please PM me for mailing address. Be advised that I am not looking for permanent ownership rather a short term testing period just to get a feel for it... as it were. :whistling:

Jack

3. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    Sounds like my mother in law. But I warn you she is Italian. I would be happy to pay one way flat rate shipping.

PS Fair warning she is a hippy.

4. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

Nov 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Jack, I'm concerned for you. Perhaps you didn't read the little warning label on the side of the bottle. Let me paraphrase it for you "consult your doctor before engaging in such activity". A man of you generation stature should be extremely careful if not having EMTs standing by whilst you do your "testing".

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'm guessing since most of us here are CRB's, we're going to figure out a way to use everything.

Personally, if I ever get a progressive, I'll probably "pay forward" my LCT.

6. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Italian, huh? Naw, gonna pass... I don't date anyone who can grow a better mustache than me.

I don't need to read no stinkin' label, I'll be dead for three days and still perform better than lesser men.

(If the EMT's are good lookin' females they don't need to just 'stand by'. Who am I to deprive them of participating in their wildest fantasy.)

Jack

7. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

Hogpauls,

I would be more than willing to jump on this bandwagon. You did a very nice thing and I am sure it is most appreciated! :cool:

If there is something small I can send to somebody that you can use, please feel free to ask. :wavey:

8. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    I'll play...

I got a brand new set of Lee dippers.... in the box never used. Got them as a stocking stuffer X-mas thing they other year when I first started loading. I'll need a couple of days to pull them out of storage, but they are free to anyone that can use them. I only ask that you kick in the postage, regular mail once you received them.

9. LDO

LDO

Apr 26, 2010
    Boxer,
    what exactly are they? Sorry, i'm very new to reloading and don't have all the lingo down just yet.

I'm in the gathering phase right now. The wife surprised me with a Hornady LNL press the other day.
    Guess it was a late welcome back from Iraq gift. We're in the middle of buying our final home so I'm just getting smart and reading alot about reloading and acquiring dies, shell plates, etc.

Anything anyone has laying around that can help would be great!

10. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    I guess I'm a little jaded because I've sent brass, on my dime, to a guy that was begging for it and didn't get so much as a thank you, let alone postage. I've had a similar thing happen with a cheap holster and a set of grips. I'm not asking for a humanitarian award, but I've yet to get so much as a "Gee, thanks" PM for paying it forward.

:steamed:

11. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL

Nothing personal but you need too change your avatar. Every time I see your avatar, my blood pressure rises.

12. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    You probably wouldn't get much use out of it w/ an LNL (I'm assuming we're talking about the progressive press, and not the little single stage).. Get a quality scale if you haven't already.

It's like a little scoop that you use to dip powder into the case, usually w/ a funnel.

13. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

Damn, that really sucks Steve. I cannot stand ungrateful people like that. If there is not something I have for trade, I will at least offer to pay postage for the item(s) I received.

14. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

:rofl:I was planning on changing it the first time somebody complained about it. You were the first one to do so. :supergrin:

I will work on changing that tonight for you Uncle Bob! :wavey:

15. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Thanks. Him and guns just don’t mix. Been wanting too say something for a long time.

16. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Did the same thing with that guy with the screen name 'blablabla'. Sent him .44 mag brass... not so much as a thank you. Sending a PM is free, isn't it?

Little Stevie thanked me for his turret press though, many times, so that makes up for it.

Jack

17. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I agree.. you need to post the names so we can publicly flog them. That's ridiculous.

I've given a couple of things away via GT(a holster, and an old IDE hard drive I had) and felt I was thanked appropriately.

Edit: By the way, Jack... did I ever thank you for taking off your mask for my avatar? ;)

IGF

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  18. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

It would appear that the internet is a lot like liquor... they both lead to a bit of not necessarily warranted bravado. :whistling:

Besides, I always wear a mask so I don't scare small animals and young children.

Jack

19. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City

Nah. Not a huge deal, but his screen name reminds me of a joke:

How is a lawyer similar to a sperm cell? They each have a 1 in 600,000 chance of becoming human.

:whistling:

20. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

Feb 15, 2010
    the Buckeye state
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!