Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Paratrooper vets told to pack it in...

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by RussP, May 9, 2004.

1. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
  2. hey if those guys want to jump let em, if im 70-80 and still want to thow my butt out of a airplane then somebody better let me do it, lol. Hopefully they just have a better chute than we use now.

3. Jumper

Jun 10, 2002
    MI USA
    I jumped in to St. Mere Eglise in 1994 for the 50th anniversary. We formed up on the drop zone, marched to a small audience suffering through the speech of some senator on the drop zone, then on in to the town itself. We formed up around a small group of old men in the center of the town. They wore light blue nylon jackets and VFW caps. They had big white jump wings on the back of those jackets and each of them had at least three gold stars on those wings. They were the veterans who had been there fifty years earlier when the welcoming committee was the German army. I was honored to be there. I know a few of the original veterans jumped in that day. If it were up to me I'd let them jump. They could do what ever they wanted to. They earned that option, and far more! ;?
  4. MR. Fantastic

MR. Fantastic

Apr 21, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    Do any units commemorate the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

5. CarlosDJackal

Dec 10, 2000
    Yes. During V-J Day!!

If the Airborne veterans want to jump, I say let them. If anyone earned the right to, it's them.

I met a Gentleman who was with the 507th PIR of the 82nd Airborne Division this morning (at the dump). Near as I can tell, he had two stars on his wings (worn on his cap). He told me that he and his fellow (Normandy) Veterans of the 507th are going down to the Airborne Museaum at Fayettevilel, NC for the 60th Anniversary of D-Day. They are hoping to get recognized as actually participating in that operation. Turns out the 507th is not mentioned.

God bless them!!
  6. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Carlos, wish I'd thought of that!;? ^6 ^c
  7. Citadel

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm jumping with the Pathfinders at the Ranville DZ for the 60th. Jumped at the 2000 and 2001 D-Day Event. Didn't do last 2002 or 2003 as most of our guys were deployed. This will probably be the last one as the old guys are getting a bit wobbly. God bless 'Em. ;1
  8. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

Aug 9, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    ;z ;z
  9. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia

;K ;K