close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paranormal Experiences

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JW1178, Oct 8, 2012.

1. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    My dad's 100 year old wall clock ran down and stopped at the exact time of his death. I didn't notice it until the next day. It was pretty eerie.

2. amacro

amacro

Dec 26, 2010
    Central Florida
    :wavey:[​IMG]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Home > Table of Contents > Mark 12 [/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Doctrine of Resurrection[/FONT]

[​IMG]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mark 12:18-27[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Jewish religion is based on the first five books (the Pentateuch) of the Old Testament which Jews believe was written by Moses himself. These five books are referred to as “The Law.” The Sadducees, an elite hereditary class in Jewish society, were the official priests of the Temple and had a religious duty to teach and interpret The Law and to combat attempts by other religions to seduce Jews into worshipping false gods. The Sadducees taught that only the written Law had divine authority. The Sadducees did not believe in the doctrines of resurrection of the body, immortality of the soul, nor the existence of spirits and angels because Moses never mentioned those things in his writings so any such teaching had to be heretical. The Sadducees probably composed many hypothetical stories and situations based on Mosaic Law that ridiculed Christians for believing they would "rise after death." [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]This parable is a Christian gematria riddle that secretely disproves the Sadducees by using their own Mosaic Law against them [/FONT]​

The "rabbi" who has posted on this most interesting subject based on my reading is a Sadducee ie does not believes the dead will be resurrected- That is why he is is sad and aparently uncertain of what happens to us after death- That is why Jesus came and took our "sins" inherited from Adam and Eve so that we will have eternal life! My 2 cents which by the way is now worth 10 cents due to inflation :wavey:

3. You guys are challenging my "skillz" lol.

How's this?

[​IMG]

4. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    You are stone cold dead wrong...and obviously so. It seems everyone knows this except you.

The traditional Judaism of today, is the Same Judaism of the Days of Jesus. Your scriptures flat out call it what it is, Pharisees. I am a traditional Jew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharisees

After the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 CE, Pharisaic beliefs became the liturgical and ritualistic basis for Rabbinic Judaism, which ultimately produced the normative traditional Judaism which is the basis for all contemporary forms of Judaism except for Karaite Judaism.

Again, traditional Judaism is what it is, no matter what you think it should be.

There is no "Jesus" in Judaism. If Christianity never was or went away, nothing about traditional Judaism would change. You cant fit Jesus in Judaism and you cant redefine Judaism to Jews because it doesnt fit your Christian view. These things are true, EVEN IF your faith is right. Again, this is not a religious debate. You are trying to make it one instead of understanding how Judaism sees Judaism.

5. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    i say we all can the religion debate and just discuss paranormal stuff. I had a awesome ghost thread going once and the religion stuff got it locked, but its a cool topic and want to read more.

That said, never experienced anything paranormal before. And experience/seeing is believing. That said id love to experience it, but just dont believe

6. deadmanglocking

deadmanglocking

May 16, 2012
    I agree, if you want to debate religion please open another thread for it. I'd really like to keep reading people's stories and not see this locked from all the back and forth arguing.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. Diesel McBadass

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    my parents claim that when i was a little kid id point to a wall and ask who the woman on the phone was. My dads aunt used to live there and had a phone on that wall. It got removed before i was born.

Of course i was little and don't rember it, and kids have wild imaginations.

Im that killjoy skeptic who tries to debunk things, usually heat exange and draftes, alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine cause most weird things. Also, theres that in between between awake and asleep that'll affect things too

8. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Sep 25, 2001
    That's eerie and cool at the same time!

Not really 'paranormal', but just weird... in the cemetery I referenced above one of the interred had been hit by a train. His pocket watch somehow ended up embedded in his cheek (face). There was no physical damage to the watch, not even a scratch on the crystal, but it had stopped at the time of impact. Dr. couldn't figure out how it had been smashed into his head w/o any damage.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  9. duckdog

duckdog

Nov 21, 2005
    Louisiana
    I experienced a similar thing. I woke up at 2am with the realization that my grandmother had died. I did not see her but I knew that she had passed. When I walked into the kitchen the next morning, my parents were at the table grieving. I aske them what time she died, it was exactly when I woke up and 'knew'.
    I've been an RN for almost 20 yrs, and worked some home health and hospice during this time. There are things that happen that are unexplainable.

10. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Apr 26, 2006
    New Mexico
    My Ma' lives about 10 feet from the stone fence of an old New Mexican Mission style Church surrounded by a graveyard. Why a Navajo woman would decide to buy a home next to a grave yard was beyond me when she and my step dad bought in 1988. But they did. Anyways, I remember "exploring" there during the day when house sitting there on college breaks, they traveled a lot back then, and the oldest readable tombstone I found was from the 1790s. There are a few others that time has made unreadable. I also found a map in the Anthropology Dept. at UNM (I was an Anthropology major and still consider myself so) which pointed out that the frontage road off of I-25 was the same path that Coranado, I think De Varges and some other conquistador took back in the day.
    I never actually saw anything unexplainable, but man, sometimes you hear things that question your sanity. And sometimes I would wake up from a dead sleep wide awake to totally hyper sensitive silence. No bad dreams or nothin' just wide awake out of deep sleep.
    Not all experiences were bad. I spent one X-mas there alone and was not depressed, sad or on the pity pot in general. I actually felt like I was in good company. Weird.

11. xMyazXtr3me

xMyazXtr3me

Sep 9, 2012
    Ames, Iowa
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekn0dFUE0qU"]Ghost Adventures - Villisca Axe Murder House part 1/3 - YouTube[/ame]

Check this out. Ive been to this house, and ill tell ya its the creepiest feeling to be inside that house 100 years ago. I had the chills the entire time. I rolled a ball and the ball rolled back to me. There were 6 children and 2 adults brutally murdered in the house. Im going back with a group of friends to stay the night and to do some investigating.

http://www.villiscaiowa.com/the-crime.php

Also, this is a picture that my cousin took when we were there. So creepy.... http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/250951_3800616812062_1205346267_n.jpg

I have a lot of pictures of this house, and the grave sights and all.

12. hoven88

hoven88 Wannabe

Jun 6, 2010
    CA
    What is the picture supposed to be showing?

13. Diesel McBadass

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    The thing with haunted houses, is people go expecting and wanting a paranormal experience, and a desire for something to happen will make it seem to happen. Any other house theres a draft, a haunted house, its a ghost, etc

14. xMyazXtr3me

xMyazXtr3me

Sep 9, 2012
    Ames, Iowa
    Look closely in the red circle. Its a face...

15. xMyazXtr3me

xMyazXtr3me

Sep 9, 2012
    Ames, Iowa
    I understand what your saying, but if you were there. You would understand. I didnt expect to experience anything, but i most definitely did.

16. hoven88

hoven88 Wannabe

Jun 6, 2010
    CA
    I don't see it, but people seeing faces in things isn't uncommon, in fact there is a name for it... Pareidolia.

And for the record, i do believe in the paranormal.

17. xMyazXtr3me

xMyazXtr3me

Sep 9, 2012
    Ames, Iowa
    I see what i see, and a lot of my family and friends see it too, some dont. Its just how you look at it. I saw it instantly when i saw the picture.

18. cdog533

cdog533 Zombie Killer

Oct 11, 2001
    I am a pragmatic dude, BUT I have had two distinctive supernatural experiences:

In high school, I saw a girl get what I would term to be 'possessed'. She flailed wildly and had the strength of ten men. She was trying to bite everyone with a demonic look in her eyes and could not be held down by 8 guys. Finally, an ad hoc exorcism (done by me) seemed to calm her down. At least 10 people witnessed this and we were all freaked out. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

(As relayed by my mother) When I was two, we were traveling in the mountains of Arizona/New Mexico and went through an Indian Village and eating at a restaurant where a native american woman came up to me, put her hands around my eyes, and whispered something, and left. Two days later, I couldn't see. My tested vision was 20/200 and 20/400. However, over the years my vision got better very slowly. When I was 22 it had returned to 20/20. Was this an Indian curse?

That's it.