close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paranormal Experiences

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JW1178, Oct 8, 2012.

1. PBCounty

PBCounty

That one can be tossed in the creepy bin.

2. deadmanglocking

deadmanglocking

To be honest just writing that made my hair stand up on my arms. I'm not usually "scared" of much but the feelings I got there I will never, never forget. I can't say I definitely believe in ghosts but there was some sort of malevolent presence there.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. wjv

wjv

My dad (a very conservative Christian) swore that when he was growing up, there was a little (18" or so) tall red devil-man who lived in their basement. He and all of his siblings claimed to have seen it. :dunno:

4. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

[​IMG]

That sh** would freak me right out...

:couch:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  5. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

If ghosts were real we could all see them. My dad said before he died this year that if there is "anything" to it, he'd let me know. He hasn't called ner nothin'...

6. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

:nutcheck:

:rofl:

:supergrin:

7. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

I've definitely seen things in this house that I can not explain. So has my wife, so have others. Including more than one person seeing the same thing at the same time.

I put myself in the category of believing in SOMETHING.

Ghost. Demon. Alien. No clue.

So far they've been polite and benign. As long as this continues, they are welcome in my house.

8. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Never "saw" anything resembling a ghost, but I lived in a house for 13 years that was haunted. I heard strange "household" sounds from time to time. IE. A drawer being pulled open-complete with drawer handles tapping- though all my drawers were of the knob variety. Plastic bottles being pushed over. My tiny bathroom linen closet door slamming HARD-I never kept it open- and it was closed that night too. A hard THUMP on my headboard as I lay in bed one evening. The distinct sound of a large glass container smashing to bits on my hardwood floor above my head -I was in the basement below. Upstairs nothing amiss though I distinctly heard the loud crash and glass fragments skidding over the hardwood floor. The sound of a large bookcase falling over, complete with books and papers falling onto the floor, and a crash that felt like it shook the house. Again, nothing amiss in the room where the sound came from...

Just a few experiences in that house. Maybe I will include a few more experiences time permitting.

This stuff has been reported by the ancient Romans and other ancient cultures, but no...there is no such thing as ghosts etc. I was there and know others personally who have seen and heard unexplained things. I believe. Been there and done it.

Oh yes...once I was looking at one of my displays of relics from Lincoln's War. It was setting on my mantle leaning back against the fireplace stones behind it, when it flipped forward like someone had pushed it, and smashed on my hearthstones below. I saw it happen.

Gray_Rider
    Deo Vindice!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  9. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

What is ^that thing called???

10. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

I don't know, but I'll mess its sh** up!

11. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Felt a "hand" on my shoulder once (same house above). Had two light switches turned off in two seperate rooms at the same instant (childhood home in Pa.) Felt fingers in my hair, (old courthouse Jacksonville Fla.) perported to be haunted by locals. I was alone in the records room to be exact.
    I and former wife (now deseased) heard the door to my upstairs bedroom rattle as if someone was pulling on the door knob from the stairway side of the door. Three "Lugggg! Lugggg! Lugggg!" sounds as the door shook in its frame. I opened the door and pulled the knob from the stairway side. Made the exact same sound. She was too spooked to be alone the rest of that evening. We were still dating then and it scared her. BADLY.
    Current wife heard a key in the front door (storm door was locked, no access to inside door) when the key was heard being pushed into the lock and the deadbolt being turned. She was badly frightened because I wasn't due home for hours yet, and the storm door lock wasn't disturbed. All in the house I lived in for 13 years.

Yeah, I'm just making all this up....Believe that if you wish. I, and they, were there when it happened. I don't doubt people now when they hear voices and see or hear strange things they can't explain. I belong to the same "club" as it were. I don't have any trouble believing most of them. I have similar stories to tell of my own.

Gray_Rider

12. MasterShake

MasterShake Brew Crew

That's creepy as hell!! Especially the 3:14am part, supposedly 3am is supposed to be the demonic witching hour when ghosts and demons are most active. :shocked:

13. MasterShake

MasterShake Brew Crew

Hell yeah!! :shocked:

14. RayB

RayB Retired Member

I used to post in threads like these... :upeyes:

But some butthole would invariably blast in and insult those who shared their experiences; then the mods would robotically lock the thread, thereby punishing the wrong people—i.e., the contributors that shared their stories—by wasting their efforts and time. :shakehead:

So, no more. :dunno:

Score one more for the buttholes! :thumbsup:

--Ray

15. MasterShake

MasterShake Brew Crew

Internet pseudo intellectuals with massive superiority complexes. What else in new on GT? :rofl:

16. engineer151515

engineer151515

The real McCoy looks much worse. Less humanoid. Black yet maybe 30% transparent (?). Tough to describe. What you sense in association with it's presence is worse than the visual. It is something that you hope just passes by and ignores you.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  17. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

The "thing" I saw, looked similar proportionally to what is in pic, (posted by Hamilton Burger) but not the same. I do not know what it is called :dunno: Some have said it was a "shadow person", but from what I read about those is they are something caught out of the corner of your eye.... I was staring straight on at that "thing".

The "thing" had no visible eyes, in fact no facial features.

The body was more like:
    [​IMG]

...but had the one large hand like Hamilton Burger's pic.

I have always wondered if there is a name for what I saw, unless it was a shadow person.

18. AZLawDawg

AZLawDawg Oh, Oh, Oh!!

I've heard the term "shadow material" used when referencing shadowy figures and such.

19. Deschain

Deschain

The day my wifes grandfather died, I was playing a handheld scrabble game and got the letters ILOVEYO, in that order. Thats my .02.

20. VaporLock24

VaporLock24

I'll chime in later with my experiences..