close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paranormal Experiences

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JW1178, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Landmonster

Landmonster

Oct 9, 2006
    Fort Worth, TX
    My family and I experienced a rather terrifying Paranormal EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) set of events that started several years ago. It began several years ago, and continues to afflict us to this day. I never believed in EVP before this happened, and I haven't posted this story anywhere but here. It actually bothers me to discuss it here, but I will try.

I don't claim to fully understand EVP. I've never experienced it anywhere before this one case.

This particular EVP creature seems to be malevolent, so I assume this particular case is sinister or "evil" in nature. Thus, I will claim that an "evil" EVP presence has invaded our lives repeatedly over the last several years, and continues to harass us, and interrupts our days and nights to this day. I still remember the first time as if it were last night...

Let me be clear here, though. This EVP creature hasn't yet appeared before me in person. It appears to me via our radios or audible devices, and sometimes appears as one of several of its forms as a video image. This creature never has appeared to us in person, but constantly invades us through EVP. It is truly depressing.

I wouldn't say this evil presence takes the form of a man, yet it clearly isn't a woman either. The best word I can use to describe it is "creature". I have seen it. My family has seen it. Even our neighbors have seen it, at times when they have been with us. We have also all heard it.

Please allow me to describe the creature and what it does. If your children are reading this, please avert their attention, or move along to the next post. This is a serious issue.

As best I can say, this "creature" is a rather tall, slender, serpentine figure with large, ominous teeth, and an eery smile. Its coloring is inexplicable, often seemingly to be both half-black, yet half-white as well. It often shifts color to blend in more closely to its surroundings, like a humanoid chameleon. Sometimes, it appears to be more white, other times to be more black. Sometimes it inexplicably shifts to brown, or some other color.

Its voice is solemn, slow, often methodical, and usually eery. It has a condescending tone. It tries to form English words into strings of logic, but usually cannot construct logical thoughts... they are usually just strings of ominous and confusing or conflicting phrases. It is very strange, indeed.

Against our will, and unwelcome to us, this "creature" generates sounds that resemble English language. We hear its voice, and its attempts at logic, but it usually makes no sense.

Though we have done it no wrong, and really don't know what it is... it often appears to be hateful or spiteful towards us, for no apparent reason. More frighteningly, it often appears to be attempting to deceive us, or harm us, or persuading us to do things against our will!

The resonance of this eery voice keeps inexplicably ranting to us through our televisions, radios, car stereos, and even sometimes computers.

Whenever I see it appear now, I simply turn off the device ASAP!

Oh wait, this started in 2008. I'm just realized I'm probably talking about what everyone calls Obama.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Apr 26, 2006
    New Mexico
    We'll ALL find the truth at the end.

In the mean time, educate yourself and live a good life.

3. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    Judaism doesnt concern itself with what you think Judaism is. You cant even begin to fathom what you DONT know about it, in spite of what you think you know. Judaism has no mission to spread itself or even the truth about what it is.

For a simple example, you have never read the Torah. You have read a translation of one part of the Jewish works known as the Torah and viewed it through a Christian lense.

This isnt about who is right or wrong, because I am not interested in that debate. That is a religious debate and those are pretty useless. This is about puting data points on the table.

4. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    Yes I do.

5. JLA

JLA

Feb 11, 2007
    BuckeyeLand

Basically what it boils down to

6. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    How do you know?

If there is nothing, then we will find nothing, we will know nothing, there will be nothing. That is what oblivion is.

The other side of that is, how do you know we (any given person) will not find out A truth instead of some kind of The truth?

7. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Apr 26, 2006
    New Mexico
    Some folks "shine".......some folks don't.

8. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Apr 26, 2006
    New Mexico
    There are lots of examples. In Navajo way we literally call it ghost sickness and certain medicine men can exorcise it.

9. MasterShake

MasterShake Brew Crew

Aug 19, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    So do I! Pass some of that popcorn here! :popcorn:

If only people would knock off the b****ing, it would be better. Hopefully Mrs. VR will delete the argument comments and leave the stories.

10. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 (Not so)Fett Svensk

Jan 20, 2002
    Inland Northwest
    "Superstition is the religion of the feeble minded" - Edmund Burke

11. Landmonster

Landmonster

Oct 9, 2006
    Fort Worth, TX
    Noone was moved by my EVP story?

12. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Apr 26, 2006
    New Mexico
    Oblivion is something. Often the answer to what people look for is not at any polar opposites. But rather in the center. Contradiction is where balance lays, often appearing as nonsense to the absolutist mind.

How do I know? Just a hunch.

13. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    Nothing is nothing. If it is "BAM" lights out forever. There never was and never will be.

14. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Apr 26, 2006
    New Mexico
    Perhaps. Either way, you'll experience the answer on your way to something or nothingness.

15. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Apr 26, 2006
    New Mexico
    Also....How do you know?

16. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    I dont know if that is what happens but if it is, nothing is nothing. How else would we define the absense of all things? Again, if it is lights out, forever, in a flash....there is no truth to be learned. There is nothing. Simply nothing. Oblivion.

17. Alright, I'll do mine.

I was 17 y/o or so and sitting in my (mom and dad's) living room at just after 2:00 a.m. reading a book. Just over the top of the book I see a poorly defined figure walk out of the family room (from direction of parents' bedroom), into the kitchen and into the utility room where it disappeared. I could make out almost no detail other than a greyish color and a basically human shape. It being late, I was tired and my eyes had been reading for hours I was able to eventually calm and convince myself that it was my imagination....either way I went to bed somewhat shaken. So, no big deal....

I wake the next morning to find my mother and father on the couch with my mom visibly shaken and upset. She recounted that a little after 2:00 a.m. she awoke to find her (deceased) mother (my grandmother) in her room. She watched her mother stand there for a moment, and then pass out of the bedroom and continue on the same course that I saw my figure travel.

Other family members have also reported sightings of her in their own homes; usually in close time proximity. Of all the dead in my large family, she is the only one who was ever "seen" by anyone.

18. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    We had a golden retriever named Amber.

She got bone cancer 2 years ago - very aggressive type - we had no choice - no way it could be treated. :crying:

I work from home and spend a lot of time at the computer - Amber would always be close by - she was like a shadow -

When she wanted something she would come up behind me while I worked and poke the back of my arm with her cold nose.

She did the same thing to my wife --

A few months after she died - I had the distinct feeling she poked my arm with her cold nose - happened a few times - I figured it was my imagination. I never said anything to my wife.

One day my wife told me - she had Amber poke her arm while she was at her computer.

It has happened many times over the last couple years.

Don't know if it is really her - or just an over active imagination

But I hope it is her - she was such a loving dog - and deserved a longer life.

19. JW1178

JW1178

Jul 17, 2009
    I posted this thread because I've had experiences, and know lots of creditable people who have had them as well. Then I know lots of people who haven't. Like, my girl has never experienced anything, but she is terrified of the thought. I have, yet it doesn't scare me. I'm not sure what they are. Are they just emotions trapped in an area, are they demons, angles, or spirits? I have no clue.

Oh, one thing. When I was about 13, some friends and I messed with witchcraft. Don't ever do that. Believe in spirits or not, you don't want to open doors and invite potentially evil things. I've known of a few people who have made deals with the devil or even offered to sell thier souls. What's funny is they all claim that it worked, they got what they wanted, but what followed made them regret it. If there is a heaven, it would really suck if you got to the gate just to find out there is a lien on your title!

About the "Science" arguement, there are things we don't understand and there are things maybe we can never comprehend. Science can't explain everythign and if it can, then what is the point of continuing to study it? It is very arrogant to believe that we know everything because anyone who knows anything about science knows we discover new things all the time and it's always changing. Scientist like to say that when (stupid) people don't understand something, they use religion to understand it. However, often when scientist don't understand something, they use science to understand that.

Yes, you had me going there and we are holding an extrocisim on Nov 6th. :rofl:

20. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Jun 25, 2002
    Anniston, Alabama
    I wear Nike shoes. You're wrong.

This is the whole thing in a nutshell. There is something that exists that we have termed "ghost". What it actually is or why it exists is moot. All arguments against their existence are based in ignorance to me. If you have experienced the explainable, it may remain that.. explainable. But you are very aware of ignorance no matter what the base of the ignorant argument, be it science or religion.