close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paranormal Experiences

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JW1178, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Really? I had no idea. You wouldnt mind giving s short education to a gentile on this subject would you?:embarassed: I really had never heard of reincarnation being related to Judaism.

2. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Ressurection to eternal life and reincarnation are two distinctly seperate concepts. The concept of reincarnation is that you are born and die through endless cycles until you achieve your ultimate goal.

3. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
  4. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    Did you read the article?

Yes, reincarnation. Being born into this world. Living in this world. Dying. Then, being reborn into this would, and doing it all over and dying again. It doesnt have to be YOUR version of what reincarnation is (endless cycles, ultimate goals...) It can be just two or three times. Judaism is what it is, no matter what you think it should be.

The ressurection of the dead is also a traditional Jewish concept. So is reincarnation. They are not the same thing.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

6. Why does somebody always gotta bring Obama into every thread?!?

7. DustyBottoms

DustyBottoms

Sep 17, 2003
    In Limbo
    My only experience...

I once moved out of a rented house because I believed it was haunted.
    It was a temporary house we rented due to my company relocating me.
    It was located in a traditional middle class neighborhood build in the 1980s.
    I first noticed that my dog was acting different. He would bark while inside the house for no reason. (No one at the door – no strange noises, etc.)

My wife grew to hate the house and became afraid about staying alone there.

I’m cutting this real short to ease reading about this.

I was still traveling a lot at work and didn’t spend that much time at home…
    When I did I had a recliner in the living room I used to take a nap after the long commute.
    Several times while I was relaxing in my recliner in the evening I would smell this horrible whiff of something I can only describe as a dead smell and at the same time see something like a fog moving across the room out of the corner of my eyes.

One day my wife was sitting on our porch when two boys walked by. My little dog barked at them and my wife heard them call him a bad name. She wanted to let them know he was really friendly and tried to introduce him to the boys. She called them over and they made friends with our dog. (Miniature Schnauzer) In the conversation they said that our house was where two people died in the garage.

I checked it out and found that a husband had killed his wife and then killed himself by running his car in the closed garage.

I broke our lease and moved out the next week. I lost a months rent but was glad to get out of there.

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

You are less than 90 years old, and this earth is how old? This country in which you live was "discovered" in a time span at least six times your existence on earth.

EVERYTHING that you know has been taught to you. You were not born able to speak, to rationalize, to retain memories. Someone had to nurture you thru-out your formative years, assist you in walking, clean you, teach you the most basic and fundamental of things,

And here you are, a short 60 (if that much) years later on earth proclaiming to know it all, as it applies to religion.

I am not religious, and I'm VERY skeptical of the claims made by mainstream religions.

My wife is a devout Pentecostal Christian. She has been a Christian for over a decade. After a few minutes of earnest prayer it is very easy for her to begin "speaking in tongues". After a few days/weeks/months of being tired of this crap :) I decided to record what she was saying.

What I discovered were snippets and sometimes long recognizable strings of Aramaic, Vietnamese, African languages, German, some form of Cantonese, a strain of a language from Polynesia, etc etc. - never all at the same time, typically only one or two languages per instance.

The lady barely knows 5 words in French, 2 in Latin and maybe a 1/2 dozen in Spanish, and has no prior experience nor exposure to those languages (not thru TV, neighbors, etc). Where are these languages being unlocked from?

-----------

I distinctly remember one night after midnight she jumped up in bed and was pointing her hand like a gun off into space. I could not get her back in bed, and could not get her hand down...and was frankly (a frequent occurrence for me) worried that our apartment neighbors would hear and think I was assaulting her. For 5-8 minutes she continued to holler and shout with words I could not understand. Then she collapses, is crying and praying then goes back to sleep.

The next morning my step son's dad calls us to tell us a bunch of guys were chasing another guy in a gun battle the night before - at the same time my wife was going nuts. There was a running gun battle thru their house, they had to take cover behind a fridge, which got shot up. The timing of these two events and her actions (from a deep sleep) are too much of a perfect coincidence to be a coincidence, so as with what was stated above, I keep an open mind.

So... I am a skeptic of religion, but I keep an open mind that there are things science have not yet been able to define.

- G

9. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Mar 10, 2007
    KY
    Yeah, just what we need, armed people that believe in ghosts. That's more scary to me than any ghost story.

10. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    I wonder if The Great Pumpkin is one of Gozer the Traveler's pre-chosen forms...

11. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    tower number 4 and 9 at the maryland house of corrections. 4 got so bad that some of the officers refused to be posted there.

12. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    Here is what I see when reading this thread:

Rabbi asked, "what color is the sky today?"

Kingarthurhk responds, "turn left on Tuesday!"

13. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    I never claimed to know everything. People try to do studies to prove there are ghosts. I even have a colleague who monitors supposedly haunted houses. He comes to me for advice on EM radiation devices. He even publishes papers on it. But from a hard science perspective, he has nothing. No proof. No real evidence.

The science simply doesn't back it up. Now if you want to go to religion and faith, then you can believe whatever you want. That's why my kids believe in easter bunny, tooth fairy, etc...but they're smart enough that they eventually figure out it is BS. Some adults never see through the BS.

14. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    But to each his own.

I support anyone who wants to believe whatever they want. As long as they don't try to push their views on me. However, that is exactly what happens in organized religions. I get people knocking on my door. I get laws passed based on what "God wants." Heck, even for little things like no alcohol sales on Sundays, God's will. And it gets more serious when God is telling our president what to do....and of course telling us what kind of science our children are or are not allowed to learn.

Sorry, but this discussion naturally leads right into religion and politics. Can of worms here.

But again, I'll support anyone's right to believe. Until they push it on me.

15. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

May 10, 2003
    Indiana
    I find it hard to believe, but I have experienced it myself. I also know others who are credible sources who have experienced the same things. Interestingly enough, all of the experiences that I had, and the others I know personally who have had are all tied to one location. None of these people I know personally, no myself have experienced "paranormal" activity outside of a certain house. (yes I have heard many claims, but I am talking about people I personally know as in immediate family).

When I was young, we lived in a house where a tragic event occurred. As a child I remember all sorts of crazy "stuff" happening in our house. My parents also saw and heard many of the same things. We had family come to visit before, and for no apparent reason had their bags packed and could not get out of the house fast enough the next morning. (only to find out later that it was because they experienced some of the things we had been seeing and it scared the living H out of them).

My parents were pretty hardcore skeptics or they would have never bought the house to begin with. They actually told the people to whom they sold the house when we moved about the goings on...they buyers did not care, and pretty much wrote it off as nonsense.

Later on, they were like WOW there is some weird "stuff" going on in this house.

I know science tries to explain everything...maybe there is a scientific explanation for what goes on in a "haunted house". I have heard that maybe high levels of CO can cause hallucinations? However, we lived there a few YEARS and none of us died of CO poisoning. I honestly do not know. I cannot PROVE to you that I experienced these things, but I know what happened. Maybe we were all suffering the effects of some chemical, I don't know. I know what I (and others) experienced....maybe science could explain it, maybe it was ghosts/demons/spirits.

I believe a large amount of paranormal claims are hooey, but I also believe that there are some that are genuinely inexplicable. Are there legit ghosts, demons and spirits etc...? I do not know, but I think it is something that cannot be ruled out.

16. ustate

ustate NRA Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Utah
    When I was a lot younger we lived in Virginia (my dad is retired military). We lived in that house from kindergarten until I was in 4th grade which would have been the late 70s, for as long as I could remember I'd see what I considered gray shadows walking around our downstairs, where my bedroom was. I wasn't afraid of them and it didn't seem they even noticed I was there. I'd walk among them to head to the bathroom etc no problem. After my dad was transferred I haven't seen anything since.

About ten years or so ago my brothers and I were all together and we started talking about horror movies and ghosts. The brother I shared that room with mentioned that he'd see silver people walking around the bedroom when we lived in Virginia. That surprised me since I hadn't told anyone about the things I'd seen, he called them silver instead of gray but obviously we were seeing the same thing.

Now I work in a prison and I've heard the ghost stories from inmates and staff about certain areas of the prison. I haven't seen or heard anything but I've talked to quite a few who insist they have.

17. texasglong

texasglong NRA Life Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    You should try to record the voice, It can be done. She may be actually answering you and can only be picked up on a recording device.

18. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Next you'll be telling us there is no such thing as the Playboy Bunny!

19. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Sep 25, 2001
    I visited a ghost town cemetery a few years back... one with lots of infant deaths and even some murders and such. Thought this entry in the guest register was funny...

[​IMG]

20. superhornet

superhornet

Apr 1, 2005
    florida
    Louisville Glocker---tell me its not true--NO Santa Clause ??