close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Para Ordnance P12

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Caine, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Caine

Caine

Jul 3, 2005
    Does anyone have any experience with the Para P12, especially regarding reliability? Reviews seem mixed.

2. ticshooter

ticshooter

Jan 27, 2013
    I wouldn't trust my life to it like I would my Glocks. My P12 FTE no matter what bullet mfr or magazine mfr I use. Sure I can have it worked on but it should come from the factory as a reliable pistol. All my Glocks did...

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Below average quality

Para pretty much sucks in my book.

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I have a P12 that was miserable when it was new. At the time one of the warranty repair stations was here in Fl so I sent it to them and they replaced the extractor. Since then it has been fine. A P14 has been fine with no problems and several thousand rounds through it. I have been lucky as more than few have reported lots of issues. Mine date from I think the early nineties.

5. dizmodeus

dizmodeus

Oct 23, 2011
    A
    Mine is pretty accurate but will jam in a heartbeat if you limp wrist at all, so not a good defensive weapon.

6. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    I have had two P12's and both were great shooters. I did have a problem with a light mag release on one of them.

7. Rancher

Rancher

Jun 3, 2003
    SW Missouri
    I've only shot one Para, it was a .45 and very nice looking. Wife's cousin brought it here to shoot. Brand new out of the box engraved model, all the guys in his unit got one when they left Iraq. Got a good deal, price wise anyway.

It would not feed the last round, we ran four different mags and same thing. I'd pass. Read way to much bad plus personal experience.

Rancher

8. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Jul 19, 2004
    Oregon
    Well I've had a Para Ord P-12 that worked outstandlingly well. I traded it in for a Para Ord P-12LDA...what a wonderful handgun. Accurate and smooth. Went through a 1200 round weekend training at a gun camp in Oregon. Never a hickup.

9. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    One of the most UNreliable guns I've ever owned...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013