close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

para mags question

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jundeleon, Sep 21, 2004.

1. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

Do the Para Ordnance P14 limited and P13 limited models have the same magazines?

I have a P14 Limited and all I can fit in the mag is 13 rounds.

I've posted the problem before. And I have tried all recommended solutions including using mag loader and waiting for the spring to take a set (by leaving it fully loaded for a long time). Ayaw talaga pumasok 14 rounds.

Did I get a P13 mag for my P14?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. TacticalShot

TacticalShot
    Expand Collapse

I have a 1445 LTD and the Tac Four (which takes P13 mags). I don't think the mags are interchangeable since the P14 mags are bigger.

I don't have hi-caps for the P14 yet, but on the P13 I can only put 12 rounds in. And it doesn't bother me one bit. 12 in the tube and 1 in the pipe - that's good enough for me.

3. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

Patience :) diffrent mags nila sa pag alam ko
    Mga ilang buwan pa , kasya na yan

4. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

TacticalShot

It doesnt bother me also if I only have 8,10, or 12 rounds in the mag. Any number of bullets is good enough, than having nothing at all, when the need arises. However, I just think that when somebody sells you a 14 + 1 gun, it really should be a 14 + 1 gun.

Allegra

The gun is one-year old already. It has always been loaded with 13 rounds since I got it. Benta ko na lang kaya maski P30,000.

5. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

are the mag springs still the original that came with the pistol? are they the new ones with the square bends or the wolff spring type with the regular oval curves? did you change to aftermarket mag springs?

are you serious selling it for 30k? if yes, i'm interested!

6. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

Doc,

The orig mags came with the square bends spring, not the oval bends of the aftermarket variety. Patawa lang yun 30k for the gun he he.

7. mikol

mikol
    Expand Collapse

gawin ko nalang 35k jun para bigay mo nalang sakin. doc E_C sakin nalang to meron kanang s_i trojan e.;f ;)

8. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

Sayang! Kala ko naka jackpot na ako! hehehe!

Para mags are notorious for being out of spec. The black (carbon steel) mags are shorter than the stainless mags by 1-2 mm.

Regarding the mag springs, if it was the aftermarket variety, baka kasi masyado mahaba spring coils and you need to cut 1 or 2 coils. also, the follower's back leg may be too long.

you might want try this. remove the follower ang spring and turn the mag tube upside down. carefully put bullets inside the mag tube and count how many rounds can fit without the springs and follower.

hth

9. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

i was able to put 14 rounds. however, the round on the bottom ends up on the wrong side of the follower.

I also tried the mag spring from a meggar 13-round mag on the orig 14 round mag tube. the combination worked and i was able to put 14 rounds. it also worked with the slide lock. as for reliability, i have to test it on the range.

The para mag spring seems too long. I counted 11 coils. the meggar spring had only 9 coils.

The spring may be binding at some point on the original para mag when fully loaded.

10. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

Magkasing haba mecgar and the Para mag tubes?

I think the square springs work better bec. they compress upon themselves. Siguro, bili ka na lang ng extra power wolff's spring and cut so only 3 coils protrude out the tube.

When I was using a Bul M5 for Standard division, I use mecgar mags with +2 TP pads, kasya 15rds nang .45

11. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

when i was still using a para mag for my 45 then 40 cal, and had reliability problems, i replaced it with wolff +10%, i did not cut coils though and got 18 on my 40, the 45 capacity i never did remember.

12. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut
    Expand Collapse

Eye cutter - yes sir, magkasing haba lang yung Para P14.45 and Mecgar 13 rounder mag, 2mm lang difference. I have both nickel finish.

Jun - I wonder why you cannot load 14rnds to your P14 mags. When I bought my P14.45Ltd it was really hard to load up to 14 using my bare hands. I bought a speedloader and was able to fill the mags up to 14 rnds (with the original magspring).I have three nickel plated mags & one blue mag, all original. I also have the Mecgar nickel plated 13 rounder mag and all seem to work fine.

I'm now using Wolff +10% spring in all of my mags. I also have the original Para +1 mag base,Grams & Dawson.As of now, I haven't experience any problem with my mags except during the installed orig. magspring , guess I'm just lucky. ;)

BTW, at 25T for your Para, I'll be knocking at your door early in the morning.;f Had a hunch that you're just kidding, puwede rin sir totohanin.;)

13. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

30K naman yun dre, at 25k hindi na ako mag-aantay ng umaga;f

14. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut
    Expand Collapse

Ay oo nga. Naka set na kasi mind ko at 25T.Sige na nga at 30T.;f

Pahabol, yung Grams base pad ko 18 rounds yung capacity and yung Dawson na nakakabit sa Mecgar tube using Wolffs 10% ay 16 round capacity (.45cal.).;)

15. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper
    Expand Collapse

I have two nickel magazine for my P14 and can fit 14 rounds, hirap nga lang ilagay. You have to slam it hard..really hard!

Got myself two more mec-gar and replaced the base from TP. Now it can also accomodate 14 (parang 15 pa yata) rounds. I'm sure its just the spring...I remember a gentleman from final option saying that the springs of Para Ord can be use as "shock absorbers of small cars...;f ^b

16. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

Vault Keeper,
    When you installed the TP base pad on the mec-gar mags, did you make any other alterations on the mag or base pad to make it function in the Para P14?
    I also have two TP base pad (black, aluminum)for my two mecgar mags. But once installed on the mecgar mags, the mags wouldn't fit the gun. It seems the mag catch doesnt contact the mag notch.

Puro problema, my para, oh my.

Trade in ko na lang kaya ito for a .38 armscor revolver maski second hand.

17. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

now i remember, on the 45 it was 16 rounds, i was using wolff plus 10 percent uncut. and a plus 2 basepad that will fit the ipsc box.

same with the 40, but it will hold 18.

both setups are easy to reload with and never had a mag related jam using this setup.

18. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Mey magwell ka ba dre? Baka sumasabit TP pads somewhere sa magwell. Yung TP BP's ko dati ang dami ko'ng binawas sa upper front bago nag fit sa magwell ko.

19. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

There are 2 kinds of TP basepads. When i bought mine they asked me first if i had an S&A magwell or not, sabi ko meron so they gave me a different set.

My P16 before would slidelock with one round remaining in all my magazines. After I changed them to wolff extra power mag springs ok na lahat. Pero yung isa nagloloko na naman baka kailangan palitan ko ulit.

20. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper
    Expand Collapse

Actually when I got my first TP base, they gave me the correct one (for P14), the next purchase was different, our in-house range master/gunsmith have to file a sizeable amout of teh base just so the magazine catch will lock on the magazine:( For awhile there I thought I wasted money on the base pad...;Q

But if you have installed a a magwell (as mentioned by mc_oliver) I don't think this will fit