close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Para 14•45 Limited

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Spiffums, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Spiffums

Spiffums
    Expand Collapse
    I.C.P.

Anyone have one of these? I am thinking about it as my choice for 2011 gun for USPSA and IDPA.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Jim S.

Jim S.
    Expand Collapse

My brother has one and loves it.
    Never had any problems with it.
    I myself have reservations of Para products and so do a lot of people here.

3. BuckyP

BuckyP
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

I have one now that was a friends. I've been trying to sell it for his widow, but in the mean time I've shot it a few times. To me, I think the recoil is less... or maybe better absorbed due to the wider frame than a single stack 1911. I can only really comment on the feel, as this gun is built on a Para frame, with the frame and mags the only thing Para about it.

For IDPA, you might want to check the weight before you purchase. The one I have is 47 ounces, but you need to be 42 ounces or less. The one I have does have a tungsten guide rod and plug in it at the moment, so that will take some weight off, though doubt it will be the 5 ounces I am looking for.

Another thing to consider is I think the factory Para has a ramped barrel (the one I have does not). For .45 caliber 1911s, many prefer the standard non ramped barrel.

For USPSA, many use the .40 because of the capacity advantage. However, with the Para I know guys that were getting 18+1 (before the .40s flooded the scene) which is pretty competitive in my opinion.

FWIW, I'm going to see if the .45 I have fits the IDPA box tonight. I'm seriously thinking of buying this one for myself.

4. STI

STI
    Expand Collapse

I have an older one made in Canada and never had a problem with it at all, I shot many IDPA matches with it and it always passed the checks, I broke a front sight on it and they sent me a new one in 4 days with no questions asked at all, mine has the standard non supported barrel and recoil spring and bushing setup, always ran 100%. EXCELLENT trigger also.

5. zhix

zhix
    Expand Collapse

To be sure.

6. Practical Use

Practical Use
    Expand Collapse

I've been using one for IDPA and USPSA for years.

7. Dwe

Dwe
    Expand Collapse

Yep. Got Three. The Latest is the American Para Limited. Repaced all of it's fire control parts just to get a usable trigger. Other that that I am happy with it. As for the Canadian versions, they are great guns IMHO.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#7 Dwe, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  8. Ruggles

Ruggles
    Expand Collapse

They seem like nice guns. Para seem to be a hot button on here as far as who likes them and who does not.