close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Panko anyone?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by AnalogKid, Feb 21, 2008.

1. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jan 22, 2007
    Anyone ever try Panko bread crumbs? I just tried them on frying some chicken fingers and they turned out great! So easy I just sliced chicken breast lengthwise then dipped the pieces in flour, egg, then the Panko crumbs then fried in a cast iron skillet. Turned out just like a picture in a magazine! What are your recipes?

2. K.C. Dia

K.C. Dia

May 16, 2004
    North Mississippi
    I use panko all the time. I even skip the flour and just dip the cutlets in egg and then the panko. I use it on pork cutlets, veal and chicken. The trick is to pound the meat out thin, bread the cutlet and saute immediately in a hot mixture of olive oil and butter. No sauce is necessary. It should also work for shrimp and scallops.

3. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

I use them all the time. I'm a chef. I get a 25# bag for like $17! Last time I saw them in the grocery store they were like $2.99 for 10 ounces.
    They are great for breading, but I also use them for a binder in meatloaf and meatballs, aa a topping for casseroles; I also toast them in garlic and butter until brown and top fresh pasta with them.

4. MB-G26

MB-G26 Bk2MiscResource Lifetime Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Missing Sharon
    I tried finding Panko bread crumbs a while back, needing them for one of Alton Brown's foodnetwork recipes. Never did find any - even in the 'ethnic' sections (aka Oriental, etc., specific items). Major chains here are Safeway and Albertsons, and Fry's, local chain is Bashas (the older stores are more of a glorified Circle K than anything).

Any online sources for low or reasonable price for these w/decent shipping charges?

5. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Sep 18, 2000
    Grumpyville
  6. MB-G26

MB-G26 Bk2MiscResource Lifetime Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Missing Sharon
    I thought I'd look at amazon.com just for the heck of it. Found a nice looking product, less than $3 per bag but outragous shipping cost by comparison. Phoey.

I wonder how these turn out:
    http://www.recipezaar.com/167729
    How/what to season them with, herb-wise or otherwise?

7. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Sep 18, 2000
    Grumpyville
    Was in a Big! Lots the other day and they had Progresso Italian seasoned panko for not too much.