close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Palmetto state armory

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by zukyota, Jun 9, 2013.

1. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)

Barf com isn't exactly viewed as a "reputable" place to get all your information

2. glock031

glock031

Jun 18, 2010
    It's public info. For those that care (not the regulars here) can easily varify the info to see its correct.

3. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Most of them buy their parts from the same suppliers including Colt and BCM...

4. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)

:rofl:

I wasn't talking about who owns what.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

:agree:

6. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Jan 24, 2005
    SC
    I've got a PSA M4 that runs slick as a whistle. One thing they do that most manufacturers do not, is to replace (without question) parts that the customer screwed up. They did that for me, while I waited in the store. So in my opinion, the customer service is superior.

They have sold ammo at "just above" pre-panic prices routinely. I make it a habit to plan my trips into Columbia around opening time at PSA, so I can grab some ammo at reasonable prices.

I certainly wouldn't toss them out on their ear just because they sold some BCG's from another manufacturer, which turned out to be out-of-spec. If we abandoned every company that made a business error, who would we be buying from?

7. Rick everyone knows that if you want to be the most elite ccw spec ops jsop seal beret operator you must only use bcm or colt! Everyone else is poo poo and the first time you fire any other ar it will blow up! Lmao!

Ps- I'm not knocking bcm or colt. Just making a joke. :)

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. glock031

glock031

Jun 18, 2010
    How true!

Post a question about what ar15 to buy for hunting coyotes. Reply buy a BCM middy. Post a question about a PSA product. Reply buy a BCM middy. Question about dedicated 22lr upper. Reply buy a BCM middy...:rofl:

9. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    someone asks "who owns M4C?".....quote a drunk penguin :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  10. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    The misleading lies were the thing that turned me off. Do some research.
    Damned if I will send my hard earned dollars to a company that denies
    the materials of their products, then eventually claims that the parts are from a vendor.

Be a man, take ownership of the eF up and own up to it! They did not do that.

11. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    Wrong, try again. The difference between BCM and PSA, is BCM cares about their customers and takes the time to put together their uppers correctly and ships them out promptly.

PSA may use quality parts, but they do not have the anywhere near same level of quality control and customer service as BCM does.

12. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Ding!

Quality control makes a whole heap of difference. It's like saying that a bubba-built AR is just as good as a Noveske because Bubba used a Noveske barrel. It might be true, but it's highly unlikely.

13. Clusterfrack

Clusterfrack

Apr 26, 2012
    Pacific NW
    +1. Problem is many people want a "high quality" AR but don't care if it actually is a POS--as long as it looks cool and has some big name brands on it.

14. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The trick is knowing what brands produce quality, and who produces junk. PSA still seems to be suffering growing pains. First it was horrible CS, now their quality control seems to be slipping, even though their customer service has improved a little. Even so, they are better than companies like Roggio, DoubleStar, and Hesse/Vulcan.

15. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  16. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    I haven't heard those names since the dark old days of the AWB, pre2K.

18. awpk03s

awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    Ohio
    Well... I have a mixed experience with PSA. Ordered a lower receiver for $99 and it shipped fast and was perfect. Ordered a couple other normal components (LPK, BAD, etc.) and they arrived great and as expected.

I ordered a BCG from them in the madness. It was a mess. The gas key was MIM, the staking was HORRIBLE, which appeared attributed to the strength of the base metal and the method used - not sure. Also the cam pin was binding. I promptly returned it on their nickel and received full credit back with no questions asked. So - even though I was unhappy with the product, I am satisfied with how they treated me.

[​IMG]

19. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Contact your credit card company

20. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    PSA likes to sell product before they have it or before it is built. This may be what is holding up your upper.