close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Palmetto state armory

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by zukyota, Jun 9, 2013.

1. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    I have a Colt 6920 & would like to have a lower build kit for spare parts. Palmetto state armory has a kit that includes a chrome bolt kit that is mpi, shot peened & properly staked gas key. Anyone use this kit ? Is this bolt carrier group good ? Better options for the Colt ? The price is $199.99. Thanks for all info.

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Do some searches........you could not give me PSA parts.

3. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd

Jun 1, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    PSA was having bolt carrier/bolt issues a little while back. I would stay away from them. If you want good quality extra parts, check out BCM or Spikes.

Sent from my iPhone4S
    using Tapatalk

4. Dizzy Beaver

Dizzy Beaver

Jan 27, 2013
    I think that their "PSA logo" BCGs are supposed to be good. I bought another one from them that was advertised MPI and "Mil-spec", thinking it was "just as good". It ended up not working correctly and the folks on arfcom tore the company to shreds for selling it. I returned it and got my money back and bought a BCM BCG.

5. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    If you're ok with your order taking some time, and you know your way around an AR, PSA isn't a bad deal.

They're cheap, they generally have stuff in stock, and they're pretty good with CS.

That said. They're not BCM, or Colt, and their prices reflect that.

6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    If you're wanting a spare bolt group (which, by the way, isn't a lower part like you initially said you wanted), go with BCM and be done with it.

7. glock031

glock031

Jun 18, 2010
    Well currently there is a post about a problem BCM BCG on arfcom. Probably a broken gas key bolt so no retailer is without fault and it wouldn't be there first or even tenth broken gas key bolt for BCM. To thier credit they will replace it.

PSA logo BCG are as good as anyones. The poster mentioning PSA logo has got that mixed up with MPI marked. Because PSA just started stocking PSA logo BCG again two weeks ago after a 11months or so haitius.

You are asking in a pro BCM group here so expect some bias and expect some negative replies from some people here that never owned nor held a PSA logo BCG and give advise stricktly from reading internet postings. Bonjour!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  8. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I've had a broken gas key bolt on a BCM BCG. They replaced it without hesitation, and made sure I was satisfied - despite the fact that the bolt was almost a year old when it failed. BCM will continue to get my money due to their excellent customer service.

I have also had to deal with PSA customer service, as have close friends and family members. Out of about 4 times dealing with them, only one experience was positive.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  9. rockapede

rockapede

Sep 3, 2009
    Is there a negative BCM group anywhere? Maybe there's a reason for that. I've got a PSA bolt that flat will not run without an o-ring, doesn't matter what configuration upper it's in. I've kept it and still use it because it runs like a top with an o-ring, but that's a band-aid and shouldn't be necessary for basic function. Dunno if I'll be purchasing from them again.

10. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Palmetto state had a sale this past week on a complete lower parts kit that included the bolt. That's why I was asking. Does anyone sale a complete kit with all springs, pins, gas rings, etc that I would need ?

11. wct097

wct097

Jan 11, 2000
    VA
    IIRc, the issues with PSA's BCGs were actually issues with non-PSA BCGs that PSA was reselling. In either case, I think the problems were specific to the bolt carrier itself, not the bolt.

I've assembled no less than 4 lowers using PSA LPKs. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again and I wouldn't be concerned with a bolt coming from them either, especially if I intended to use it as a spare.

I would, however, verify that the bolt functioned properly before putting it away for a rainy day.

12. glock031

glock031

Jun 18, 2010
    The PSA logo BCG not the several other cheaper brands they carried during the shortage but specifically the PSA logoed BCG is said to be made by the same place (toolcraft) that makes BCM BCG's.

13. I have one of the suspect non PSA branded bcgs and it runs fine.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. Dizzy Beaver

Dizzy Beaver

Jan 27, 2013
    I didn't word my first post very well. The BCG that I ordered from PSA a couple of months ago was not their logo bcg. It was instead a bcg sold by them that they advertised as mil-spec and mpi. I had several issues with mine not functioning and returned it for a refund. Although they were not the logo bcgs, it appears that psa did assemble them themselves (on a post on arfcom).

That said, I gave read of a lot of people highly recommending their logo bcg. That is why I went to order from them in the first place. I had never ordered from them and didn't know that they had a separate logo bcg since I didn't see it on their website at all (would have thought it would have been on their website but with out of stock status so it was confusing).

Anyway, the things they put their logo on seen to be good quality from what I read (bcgs and stripped lowers specifically).

15. bullittmcqueen

bullittmcqueen Gunfighter

Feb 18, 2011
    Leesburg, GA
    You are wanting to replace your colt bcg (the standard all are measured against) with one from PSA? Not just no, but HELL NO.

Do you shoot your AR enough to replace the rings, springs, pins, etc? I would wager your Colt could handle many thousand rounds of use before any of that was required.

16. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Not replacing anything until its needed. Would like to have backup for everything I may need.

17. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Not replacing anything until its needed. Would like to have backup for everything I may need. So let me get this thread back on track, what bolt carrier group would be best to use as a backup & what all parts would I need as spares such as springs, pins, gas rings, etc.

18. larson1122

larson1122

Jan 30, 2012
    Minnesota
    BCM BCG

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...Auto-M16-p/bcm bolt carrier group auto mp.htm

A few other things that are good to have on hand...

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SOPMOD-Bolt-Upgrade-Rebuild-Kit-p/bcm bolt upgrade kit.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Cam-Pin-AR15-p/cam pin ar15.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Firing-Pin-AR15-p/firing pin ar15.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Carbine-Action-Spring-p/spring carbine action.htm

19. 03scgt

03scgt

May 23, 2011
    South Florida
    I've ordered from them several times and they always send out exactly what I wanted albeit a little slower than I would like.their lowers and lpk's are perfectly fine,uppers are generally good just check it over when you get it and I have no experience with their bcg's

With that said most lpk's are almost the same as are lowers assuming its in spec.For a bcg I'd stick with a product from a known company like colt,bcm,rainier,lmt

I've scored bcm and rainier nickel boron bcg's from rainier in the last month and several lowers and parts kits from psa.shop around a little and you'll find stuff

20. og23

og23

Jun 11, 2012
    PSA had a bad batch or batches of BCGs and the havent been able to sell them since. They are including them at ridiculously low prices in their build kits to try and unload them.

PS. They also have some of the worst shipping times in the industry. You will be waiting 2-3 weeks for delivery unless you press them.

That being said, I use a PSA lower and am very happy with it