Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Palmetto State Armory

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by mhunter, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhunter

Jul 25, 2011
    Good...bad? They have an M4 patrol carbine in 5.56 with an Aimpoint and Magpul BUIS for $999. Says everything is forged and mil-spec. Too good to be true?
  2. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Aug 18, 2010
    Palmetto has good stuff.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Seem to have very many favorable reviews lately
  4. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Bought one a month ago. Basically, just like my 6920 Colt, except it comes up with an aimpoint and rear magpul flip up sight instead of a carry handle.

Killer deal!
  5. JBaird22

Nov 18, 2005
    I can't speak to their uppers but I got a lower a couple months ago for my never ending build and its finish (the actually milling and machining) was better than my CMMG. I got a BCG from them this week and it is nice. If the other stuff is as good as the two pieces I bought from them, I would say it is GTG.

DS Arms is another good lower cost rifle solution as well.
  6. Travelin' Jack

Travelin' Jack Misinformed

Jul 20, 2007
    0 .· ` ' / ·. 200
    Agreed. I've had one for a few weeks and there is no catch. Buy one while the price is good.
  7. Kcolg

Kcolg Millennium Member

Dec 20, 1998
    Have 6 I have built from them and they have all been great. The only two complaints I hear is slow shipping, you will get a UPS notification, but it may not actually ship for a few days. The second was using carbine gas tubes in mid-length guns, only 2 that I know of, but they took some crap over it. They have since began test firing every upper.
  8. mhunter

Jul 25, 2011
    Oh, okay... That probably explains why they said it would take 7 days to build the upper before it shipped when you order a complete rifle. Maybe they send the lower to the FFL so you can do the transfer and they send the upper straight to your house?
  9. boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    That thing is a very good value. Complete rifle with Aimpoint for the price of a basic rifle from a lot of other manufacturers, very nice deal.
  10. mhunter

Jul 25, 2011
    I just hope the price/availability holds out until after the first of the year because I intend to use some dividend payouts for purchase.
  11. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    It will be a good 7 business days(10 real days) before your upper ships and this was before the test fire every upper policy. I should get mine to the range just to run some rounds down the pipe, but I always seem to find ohter things to do. It looks like it was put together right and the fit/finish is good. I couldn't beat the price anywhere for the specs. I wanted a 20" plinker, as I have enough 16" carbine/middies.

Lowers didn't seem to ship any faster either when I ordered mine. Mine were stripped, BTW. All look nice, but I haven't built them yet.
  12. I have been thinking about getting one of the PSA carbine rifle kits and have a noob question. Is the hammer forged barrel worth getting for about $50 more than the 4150 barrel? What is the difference between the two?
  13. glock031

Jun 18, 2010
    PSA CHF barrels are made by FN. Machine gun steel and almost twice as thick chrome lining. These are suppose to last a bit longer than standard mil spec barrels and built to take a little more abuse as in full auto or continued mag dumps.

Most of PSA's 4150 barrels are made by Wilson. They are lead lapped which is suppose to help in the accuracy department. Kinda gives it a broken in feel right from the start.

My Wilson barreled PSA upper is extremely accurate. But that is just a sample of one, mine.

Both are good barrels IMO.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  14. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Feb 9, 2005
    If you realistically expect your round count to hit the tens of thousands, then yes, hammer forging will pay off. If not, then no.
  15. mhunter

Jul 25, 2011
    Good to know. I went ahead and ordered the $999 one with the Aimpoint. It has the hammer forged barrel.
  16. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    That deal is, hands down, one of the best ones out there currently.
  17. Thanks guys. It looks like the 4150 would be fine for my needs.
  18. Misty02

Aug 25, 2008
    I’ve purchased ammo often from them and don’t have a single complaint, that is all I’ve bought to date from them though. Good prices and fast deliveries.

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  19. arclight610

Dec 2, 2009
    I just took my PSA build out today and ran it hard. 5 degrees today in snowy MN and I staged the magazines in the snow. All rounds (a mix of tula, Herter's, and Federal XM193) went off without a hitch including a couple of full mag fun dumps.

Last time I ran it hard the buffer tube broke loose a little bit. The endplate and castle nut were still staked together, but the tube would rotate a little bit inside. When I took it apart yesterday, I noticed the little nub thing on the endplate and gouged grooves on both sides of the little channel milled into the buffer tube. I loctited it in for now til I can get a new one. I would imagine this could happen with any AR though if you whack the stock hard enough a few times.

I really like my Palmetto build. If I do another, I will continue to use them.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  20. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

Dec 3, 2004
    East Tn.
    I've assembled two of their kits and they are both perfect. My next kit will be from them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.