close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Palm O.K.?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by harley45, Aug 21, 2005.

1. harley45

harley45
    Expand Collapse

I need a PDA to view video and photos on and listen to music and use as a date book. My wife has a Ipaq that she likes, so I thought I may try the Palm, as a change of pace. will the lower end palms do these things? the only software I think I may need to buy is a dvd converter like I purchased for her Ipaq.
    Thanks for the help

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DonL

DonL
    Expand Collapse

The Zire72($200 e-shopping)is the one you want.....1.3M camera and video recorder, mp3 player, voice recording, plays video's, bluetooth connectivity and with WiFi capabilities(SD WiFi card)$100. I overclock mine at 409MHz and it plays video's that I've ripped with no problems(MMplayer). The first version of MMplayer that I used had some issues but they just released a bug fix and all is well now except fastforward/rewind buttons, though you can fastforward/rewind with slider bar if need be. If you use it for balancing your finances go with SplashMoney, it is excellent software. Palm is a very easy to use OS, I think you will be more than happy with it.

3. harley45

harley45
    Expand Collapse

What is MM player and where is it available to purchase? Also what program did you use to rip your DVD?
    Eric

4. DonL

DonL
    Expand Collapse

Google MMPlayer....need internet connection to download. MMPlayer(pay) is software you need to view avi files you make with DVD compression ripper. I was hoping you wouldn't ask about what I used to rip DVD....Its been awhile and I was trying out a couple of programs and can't remember which one I used. I know I used DVD Shrink to rip the section of DVD I wanted...First 3 songs of SRVaughan at Austin City Limits. You don't need DVD Shrink(free) but it helps to create a smaller video file without all the language and sound options before compression. Then the program(free) to compress to about 87MB's.....I'll get back to you.

5. harley45

harley45
    Expand Collapse

thanks for all the info i ordered the unit mentioned abova and can't wait to get it.
    Eric

6. DonL

DonL
    Expand Collapse

PocketDivxEncoder for Dvd conversions is what I used and also I heard about but haven't used tcpmp.palmos for viewing. Both are free.