close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Painted guns

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock 1, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Glock 1

Glock 1

I know this is either a love it or hate it topic but I got bored at work today and started painting the embossed areas of a couple of my guns. Thought I would share. One is my new Gen4 17 and the other is an M&P 15-22. I am working on my LE6920 right now. Will post pics when done. I did the G21 SF awhile back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bennie1986

bennie1986

Wish i could even have a gun at work.

3. Glock 1

Glock 1

lol. I work at home. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

4. Las Vegan

Las Vegan

I'd post pics, but that's exactly what my G19 and all of my mags look like. I picked up two new 15rd magazines a few days ago so I got out the art supplies and did them as well.

I was very happy to find a local gun shop that is still stocking and selling Glock OEM mags at pre-idiocy prices, although they are restricting sales to two per customer per day.

5. Vetter

Vetter

I think y'all did a good job. It's kinda cool but just not for me. Kinda like a "lipstick on a pig" thing. A Colt 1911 or Colt Python a Glock will never be. I can't say much because I polished a Sigma's slide and barrel to a mirror shine. My nephew said it was like putting "rims" on a yugo! I did get 10 crack rocks, a good size bag of primo weed and 2 crack Ho's for and hour for it!

6. Glock 1

Glock 1

I agree about the rims on a Yugo. I don't pamper my guns. It helps me to see the markings better too which is why I use mainly white. I am only out to make the writing noticeable, not bling them up. Plus, its removable.

7. JParham

JParham Member

Best way to remove it? I did it on my g26 and I can't get it all the way out of the grooves..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. Glock 1

Glock 1

Depends on what you used. I used plain white nail polish. non acetone remove applied liberally and rubbed well with a cotton ball gets it all out for me. If you used crayon I would splinter a toothpick and use the sharp ends to dig it out.

9. JParham

JParham Member

Yeah I tried that and it just doesn't come out easy.. I used nail polish. Ill try again

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. ssevern

ssevern

I used some fine tipped paint pens and used bore blast solvent for super easy cleanup...