Paid membership questions

Discussion in 'Paid Membership System' started by Kichigai, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Kichigai

Kichigai 気違い Was Mr30s

I cant find any info on the paid membership to GT. I know there are different tiers and such can anyone explain to me the benefits of each tier and there cost. how do you pay etc. thank you

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. scwine

scwine ^%(#@$^!!!!!!!

I have searched and searched, I have came to the conclusion there is no such thing anymore. Shame, cause I had the credit card at the ready.

3. Kichigai

Kichigai 気違い Was Mr30s

good find but it does not talk about what the benefits of each tier are. For example why Do a platnum vs a silver :dunno:

4. scwine

scwine ^%(#@$^!!!!!!!

Heck I guess there isn't any. Strange. I even PM'd Eric. Oh well.

5. Not sure what they are anymore, find a paid member and pm them

6. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem

As far as I know the only benefits are a larger avatar, no pop up ads, and a progressively larger PM box. For instance my PM box will hold 500 messages.

7. Isn't there a special glock talk email address as well?

8. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

Tagged

9. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    1. Project Mayhem

There was talk of it many a moon ago. It never came to fruition for regular paid members. Admins and mods may have one, but I don't know for sure.

10. Kichigai

Kichigai 気違い Was Mr30s

i am thinking it is more to do with supporting the site. I am guessing it is quite expensive to keep this forum up and running with all the bandwidth and usage etc. I can totally understand that and i want to help support it i just keep forgetting to do it:brickwall:

11. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    1. Project Mayhem

That it does.

Sometimes GT even has raffles.
    There has been some pretty sweet items come up. I came within one digit of winning an AR here a couple years back. So close, yet so far aways.

12. RimShot

RimShot Meat Puppet

I've been poking around on the site for a few weeks looking for that link!
    Now I just need to know what the difference is between Silver/Gold/Platinum/Life.

A shame that page doesn't have that info somewhere, even if it was just a "Hey, these are all just basically donations that confer the exact same 'Paid Member' status".

13. I purchased the highest membership I could afford. I view it as contributing what I can to keep this great site going.

I know I am financing the operations for people that do not join; however, I think the site value to me and others is worth it.

I have no idea if my membership has any advantages other than I really like the lack of ads harassing me.

14. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache
    Millennium Member

I'm a lifer that's as high as you can go, don't know if Eric even has life memberships any more, perhaps Eric can weigh in on this issue.....

15. Gregoire G

Platinum Member

Lifetime looks like $250.
    I plan to renew my gold this month.

16. I, too, would be interested in hearing the specifics.

Sent from my ONE_TOUCH_960C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

17. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Money burning a hole in my pocket, what are the benefits of premium memberships?

Larger avatar?
    Larger than 500 spaces and five lines in signature line?

I see some have large signature areas, and I cannot get all my certifications, and Glocks listed before it is full.

Does purchasing a lifetime membership mean I could list my gear and such?

18. We do still see the one ad across the pics, but not the pop-up or side ads. I don't know the size PM box for each different level, but I get 1500 messages as a CLM.

19. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    1. Project Mayhem

That sucks about still seeing the ad.
    I can't remember the last time I saw one. I've been running Opera 17 with ad blocker.