close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

pacman promoted to M/SGT reservist

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by bertud ng putik, Oct 14, 2007.

1. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

Feb 1, 2005
    cavite
    ayos ah! from t/sgt to m/sgt reservist, promoted si pacman pacquiao after winning the fight against barera!

paano ba sumali sa reservist? hahaha!

2. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Apr 27, 2004
    Cebu
    hehehe just drop by your neighborhood community defense center and enlist:)

also check out timawa.net for info regarding the reserves.

3. could have been worse. he could have been promoted to General! hahahahahahah:banana:

4. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    Halos lahat ng balita si Pacman ang headlines. Sarap pala kung celebrity sa atin. He did very good . He gave us pride and respect !!

5. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    Did he complete all the necessary proficiencies in said rank to earn it? Please someone tell me that he did, otherwise, to wear the uniform would be a mockery.

6. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    May sariling bodyguards naman sya, so in essense he could act as MSgt to them, hahaha

7. riddler

riddler

Jan 19, 2001
    :upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes: C'mon,....you have to ask???? You know too well that celebrities in the Phils. are not mere humans anymore!!!

8. Why not make him a major while they're at it?:supergrin:

There are a lot of prominent guys around who got commissioned just because of their positions; captain is the lowest rank they could get, and we who sweated and crawled for our serial numbers and get outranked by them just look at each other and sigh...

Still, since Pacman gave glory to the good old RP, perhaps he deserves it.

9. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Feb 24, 2006
    Manila, PH
    A M/SGT, w/ bodyguards and riding a Cayenne! That's new :animlol:

I hope he gets activated and sent to the front..

10. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    That was a serious question on my part.

11. I do see your point, bro. One is entitled to wear the uniform and rank with pride only when one sweated for it under the heat of the sun, with a steel helmet, carrying an M14 and a pack full of rocks..

12. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    Padagdag sa credentials bro. Sa pagdating ng panahon na gusto ni Pacman mag run for Govt position, yun na yun. He will take a crash course in Business Mgt and Law in Gen Santos City.

13. riddler

riddler

Jan 19, 2001
    And mine was a serious reply to your question! Celebrities are treated like they can walk on water back home. Majority of our kabayans are so starstruck that logic escapes them.

Think about all the actor politicos who got voted into office, the sexy-but-no-talent TV personalities that could get away with saying really dumb things and the actors/actresses who can't sing but because they are actors/actresses, they think they are also singers. God help us!!!!

As you have already pointed out, one has to fulfill all the requirements and must prove proficiency in a couple of discipline to be a M/SGT.

While he did do an outstanding job as a boxer and making our country proud, he did not earn his promotion based on the news report posted by chowchow.

For him to be given such a promotion is an insult to all those who worked hard to get there.

Quote:
    The Philippine Army has promoted Filipino boxing hero Manny Pacquiao to the next higher rank of master sergeant in the reserve force for bringing honor by defeating Mexican boxer Marco Antonio Barrera at the Mandalay Bay Event Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, last Sunday.

14. pogi

pogi Nuon

Jan 23, 2006
    KYUSEE
    +1 Jerrytrini and CatsMeow.
    In fact KINAKABAHAN NA'KO na sa darating na 2010...MADADAGDAGAN ng...ng...ng... ang SENADO!!!

OH MY GOD!
    (kailan tayo matututo?)

15. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
  16. I really would like to see Pacman not only in uniform, but toting a rifle as well. It would be an absolute pity if he, a MSG, could not distinguish one end of a rifle from another, like some big shots I know who got commissioned...

Sometimes I wonder if Filipinos are really mature enough for democracy... all those knuckleheads they vote into office.

17. There's one celebrity I know who really earned his sergeant's stripes the hard way: ELVIS.

18. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Apr 27, 2004
    Cebu
    dont forget the numbing cold of the night rain on a miserably wet and muddy mountain trail... :)

kumusta na ka diha torny? we are still having fun in the range here.. :)

19. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

Feb 1, 2005
    cavite
    tingin ko di dumaan sa proper training yan. ang alam ko 6 months training yan every saturday yun. sa camp crame!