close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

P7 holster

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by dbyer1, May 4, 2012.

1. dbyer1

dbyer1

Apr 8, 2012
    Trenton GA
    Ok guys what would you like to see in a p7 holster and nothing is off the table

2. dbyer1

dbyer1

Apr 8, 2012
    Trenton GA
    Don't think I can do that but I am looking at a kydex horse hide hybrid for aound 55 dollars just want to know I could sell them

3. mike28w

mike28w

Jul 4, 2009
    Idaho !!
    I almost hate to answer this but here goes.... For the last 3 or 4 years I have carried mine with a "ClipDraw". It's just a spring steel clip that you attach to the slide with some sort of super adhesive tape. Cost ~ $20.

For me, it's been flawless. Doesn't shift ( but you must wear your belt tight...can't be loose). The clip has never come off accidentally and I clean it with the usual gun solvents. I have taken the clip off intentionally a couple of times and the tape pulls off easily with no residue and no effect on blueing .

I believe the ClipDraw is safe for the P7 but would have serious concerns about using it with other guns because it does not cover the trigger at all.

YMMV , of course.... Just another option. mike

4. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    That's a great idea, never liked the ClipDraw on other guns but on a P-7 will be perfect, thanks

5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    It still doesn't secure the weapon as well as any half decent holster. I'd avoid them at all costs, personally.

6. mike28w

mike28w

Jul 4, 2009
    Idaho !!
    Have you tried it with a P7 ?? Mine is quite stable....

I have two very nice ( and expensive) , leather IWB holsters and the ClipDraw really isn't any more unstable.... But, you do need to be willing to wear your belt tight. If you want to wear "gangster pants", you won't be happy !:whistling:

7. mike28w

mike28w

Jul 4, 2009
    Idaho !!
    If you do get one of them, remember that you can decide where to put the clip. I put mine about 3/4" from the back of the slide. This lets the gun sit deeper and is quite stable. If you want the grip more exposed , you'll want to put the clip a little more towards the muzzle end. They give you about a half dozen of the little adhesive strips, so you can experiment and see what works best for you !! mike

8. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    You're talking about carrying a weapon in such a way that it's primary retention mechanism is a piece of double-sided tape. Seems like a recipe for disaster, to me, especially if you already have quality holsters.

9. mike28w

mike28w

Jul 4, 2009
    Idaho !!
    To each, his own.... I'm not trying to sell them, it's just my experience.

I guess that the bottom line is that a person should only do what he is comfortable with.... Be safe, mike