close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

P3AT Grip??

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by slainer, Dec 9, 2012.

1. slainer

slainer

Feb 18, 2006
    Florida
    Picking up a P3AT this week! Will pocket carry with pocket holster? Which grip? Talon grip(rubber)or a Hogue??
    Thx. Slainer

2. seed

seed

Aug 3, 2004
    Nothing thick. The thinness of this pistol is its strongest attribute. And the grips are grippy as is (not slick like with the Ruger LCP), but if you use Talon's on your other guns, then perhaps you might want to go that route. Just remember that they will rub you raw (not as much with the rubber, of course) in some forms of carry and or hinder presentation from your pocket.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012

3. Redstate

Redstate

May 17, 2011
    Good question. I've got an inner tube cut off on mine and although I think it is better than nothing, I think that either of the ones you mention would be better.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  4. edellson

edellson

Oct 28, 2012
  5. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    I have had hogue grips and I am always surprised how good a simple inner tube works. Does not add much thickness but really gives some grip to it.

6. I don't carry a P3AT but a P32. Nothing on my grip as I don't want to give up concealability to a thicker grip and the possibility of it sticking in my pocket. YMMV. tom.:cool:

7. slainer

slainer

Feb 18, 2006
    Florida
    Thanks for the input guys! I've had Talon grips on my other guns. I might go that route!
    Slainer

8. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Try Agrip, I really liked it on my P3AT.

9. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    I don't have a P32, but I have two P3AT's. I agree with Tom. I've pocket carried one of them daily for over 9 years. Shot thousands of rounds thru them. (Ammo was cheap back then.) I've never used any type of extra grip on it. Factory grip is fine with me.

10. failsafe

failsafe

Oct 25, 2003
    Missouri
    A 1.75" bicycle inner tube, trimmed to size works great...
    Shown bottom of pic..

[​IMG]

11. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    No grip on mine. Heck I even took the sharp points off the right side of the grip because it was rubbbing my side raw when I put it in my waste band during my morning power walks. Pretty much the only time I carry it since I got my PM9.

12. ffr1910

ffr1910

Oct 7, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I use the desantis superfly holster with my lcp. has an extra fabric flap that masks it's shape much better when your pocket is stretched tight-bill

13. spec357

spec357

Jan 6, 2012
    Pa.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  14. marv

marv Millennium Member

Dec 22, 1998
    South coast of Indiana
    Bike innertube with padding on the backstrap.

15. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

I think that's a GREAT idea! :supergrin:

AGrip will not slip at all in your hand and is not abrasive. It's actually "grippier" than metal checkering, abrasives, or rubber, and it doesn't hang up on your clothes. So if you carry that little gun in your pocket, it will slide right in and slide right out. And if your hands are sweaty or wet, it will work even better.

Thanks, Berto!

16. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    It was the best thing I had going with the P3AT, didn't add any real girth either, just eliminated the edgy checkering and added slight cushion to the recoil.

17. Tazz10m

Thanks, Berto. Most of the reduction in felt recoil is from the fact that the AGrip distributes and spreads out the recoil forces over a much larger area of your hand because it's all the way around the gun grip, instead of the gun slipping slamming into just the web of your hand.

18. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats on the P3AT.

I've had mine for almost 10 years and its been a steady backup gun for me.

19. Tazz10m

Has it been 10 years already? I remember when i got one of the first P32/P3AT frames in the mail... when i opened the box i just started laughing because it was so small... not that there was anything wrong with it... i was just so amazed they could make it so small... then i started dreaming of one in 10mm...:supergrin:

20. OldSchool64

OldSchool64 Still here, sometimes

Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013