P30 vs G17

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by high ground, Nov 15, 2012.

1. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

Agree the mag release is just awesome as any HK!!! :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. another vote the the HK mag release. It didn't take me long at all to transition to it.

3. one consideration is the aftermarket parts and accessories available (sights, holsters, mags, trigger components, etc). you saw this in not being able to quickly get a decent hk holster at your local dealer.

4. barth

barth six barrels

Glock has aftermarket support like almost no other gun.
    And my G27 is loaded with them.

HKParts has delivered sights, mags, trigger parts and other components for my H&K guns in days flat.

I own both and don't find aftermarket support an issue.
    All my H&K parts are OEM except for sights, holsters and grip sleeves.
    And I didn't have any problem getting those.
    More of an irritation.

#24 barth, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  5. Accuracy difference between the two could not possibly be more the 2" at 25yds. And then that would be very ammo dependent. What shoots well in the Glock may not shoot as well in the HK, or vice versa. So I would work a load up with the Glock that made it more accurate. But even a 2" change at 25yds (which seems unlikely) is not going to change much in a gun game shot mostly at 15yds or less. I would never use a IWB holster in competition unless I just "wanted" to.

For the record. My G34 can shoot 10 rds into 4 inch's at 25 yds. Freestyle. No bench. Home cast lead, not sorted brass, not specially prepared ammo. End of the day of shooting so I was tired and not shooting as well. If you throw the flyer out it was 2.5 inchs for 9 rds. You really can't expect much more then that from a service pistol. I do have a KKM barrel but it's not some fancy fitted barrel.