Glock Talk banner

P30 .357 Sig barrel?

11K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  NCHeel 
#1 ·
Does anybody make a .357 Sig barrel for a P30? I like the P30 but not it's current caliber offerings. If I could get one in .357 Sig, I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

#2 ·
Eventually some company will make an aftermarket 357SIG barrel for the 40cal P30 but right now I have not heard of any in production. I love the P30 and 357SIG is my caliber of choice. Sad that HK has decided to not make pistols in 357SIG any more. I got that info directly from HK factory personnel. I am starting to look for one of the remaining P2000 in 357 but they are getting scarce. Bill

#3 ·
Eventually some company will make an aftermarket 357SIG barrel for the 40cal P30 but right now I have not heard of any in production. I love the P30 and 357SIG is my caliber of choice. Sad that HK has decided to not make pistols in 357SIG any more. I got that info directly from HK factory personnel. I am starting to look for one of the remaining P2000 in 357 but they are getting scarce. Bill
Bill - If you find somebody that has the P2000 in .357 give me a heads up and I'll do the same for you. Also, how do you think the SigPro compares to the P2000?

#4 ·
If I see a P2000 in 357 I will let you know. Since looking I have not seen one for sale-isn't that the way it always goes-lol. I am a long time SIG and Glock shooter and I bought my first HK last December-a P30 9mm. I am very impressed with that pistol as to ergonomics, light weight, slim, and shoots great. The P2000 is similar to me but I prefer the P30 and might just settle on it in 40cal for carry. The SIGPro is a great pistol that is being sold now at great prices. I own one but it feels "clunky" compared to the SIG classic pistols or an HK. I especially dislike the SIGPro's overly large mag bases. Given the choice I would readily carry a SIG 229 than the Pro. Bill

#5 · (Edited)
If I see a P2000 in 357 I will let you know. Since looking I have not seen one for sale-isn't that the way it always goes-lol. I am a long time SIG and Glock shooter and I bought my first HK last December-a P30 9mm. I am very impressed with that pistol as to ergonomics, light weight, slim, and shoots great. The P2000 is similar to me but I prefer the P30 and might just settle on it in 40cal for carry. The SIGPro is a great pistol that is being sold now at great prices. I own one but it feels "clunky" compared to the SIG classic pistols or an HK. I especially dislike the SIGPro's overly large mag bases. Given the choice I would readily carry a SIG 229 than the Pro. Bill
I too wanted a P30 in 357.
Since there's no such animal I settled for the 40.
Now that I've got it, I'm not so sure that was settling at all - LOL!
Three boxes of Winchester Ranger T-Series 165 gr 40 arrive in three days.

#7 ·
I too wanted a P30 in 357.
Since there's no such animal I settled for the 40.
Now that I've got it, I'm not so sure that was settling at all - LOL!
Three boxes of Winchester Ranger T-Series 165 gr 40 arrive in three days.
If you check on HK Pro, there was a company making aftermarket 357SIG barrels for the .40 P30. I'm seriously considering going that route with my next handgun purchase.

#8 · (Edited)
#9 ·
MDW's barrels are made by IGB in Austria. I bought his last P30 .357 regular barrel. I think he may have one for an L-version. Marc was for a long time the distributor for them. They have cut him off and IGB is in the process of setting up importation thru somebody in Florida of who I do not know. Marc lists a link to the IGB site on page 6 of the HK thread showing the variations. For those who haven't looked at the link, there are also USP barrels listed- different calibers, too. I shot my barrel in his P30 while at his house and yes- it is the real deal. If you talk to him he is a great guy. He is German and can get to talking a little fast so turn up your speaker and listen real close.

#12 ·
UPDATE:

Send payment today for a NIB P2000 357 Sig LEM V2.
Should have in hands in a few days.
Woo Hoo!!!
I wish the p30 came stock in 357sig too. Been carrying that round at work for 15 years. I think it may very well be the best caliber in existance for self defense. But I would never buy aftermarket barrel for ccw /sd. So next best thing is that p2000. Let us know how it shoots. Prob. Be hk #3 for me real soon.

#13 ·
...He is German ...
No I am not!
Well not anymore! :supergrin:

...Marc was for a long time the distributor for them. They have cut him off and IGB is in the process of setting up importation thru somebody in Florida ...
Yeah, I should have known better. Things started small and even then I should have insisted on a contract.
At least it showed how much their personal word is worth!

...If you talk to him he is a great guy...
Well thank you for the kinds words. I enjoyed your visit as well.

#14 ·
No I am not!
Well not anymore! :supergrin:

Yeah, I should have known better. Things started small and even then I should have insisted on a contract.
At least it showed how much their personal word is worth!

Well thank you for the kinds words. I enjoyed your visit as well.
Speak of the devil....

#15 ·
I wish the p30 came stock in 357sig too. Been carrying that round at work for 15 years. I think it may very well be the best caliber in existance for self defense. But I would never buy aftermarket barrel for ccw /sd. So next best thing is that p2000. Let us know how it shoots. Prob. Be hk #3 for me real soon.
Same here. So many manufacturers are dropping the round. Sig and Glock are almost te only game in town anymore.

#18 ·
http://www.efkfiredragon.com/heckler-and-koch1.html

#20 ·
Barth, where is the update? How you like the V2 trigger? Kinda stiff after pulling a Glock trigger isn't it? I got the same one with a way lower serial#.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.